- Access thousands of books, videos, games, CDs, DVDs, BCDs and databases
- Checkout our iPads
- Place holds on available and checked out items. You'll be notified when the item is ready for pick- up
- Request items through our interloan department
- Renew items
Library cards are available to residents of Canton Township, and those who work or go to school in Canton. Just present valid photo ID, pay stub or current school ID with a Canton address.
Note: Non-residents can purchase Canton Public Library Card(s) for $140 annually per family. This is the average annual household tax contribution to the library.
For full details, view our borrowing schedule. Generally:
- Books and most other materials: 3 weeks
- DVDs and special items: 1 week
If you have a fine/fee/bill on your account, you can pay at the Checkout Desk with cash, check, or credit/debit card or pay online by signing in to your Patron Record. If you have $20 or more in fines/fees/bills, your account will be blocked. If you have a balance of $35 and/or have material 45 days past due, your balance will be sent to collections. A non-refundable collection fee will also be added to your account.
Patrons with a Canton or Plymouth library card can place holds. Materials will be kept on the hold shelf for four days after your notice is sent. We will charge a $.25 fee for each hold item that is not picked up within four days. You can avoid this fee by canceling or freezing holds you are unable to pick up.
Items with standard loan periods may be renewed four times unless they have been requested by another patron. See our borrowing schedule for details. To renew:
- Online: Check the boxes, then press "renew selected"
- By Phone: Call 734-397-0999 (option #3 for Checkout Desk) and a staff member can assist you
Reciprocal Borrowing: Your Canton Public Library card works at many local libraries, and residents of other TLN communities may use their local library cards at Canton (some restrictions apply). Bring the library card issued to you at your home library along with valid photo ID to be entered into our system.