For more information, please visit the MeLCat website.
- Access thousands of books, videos, games, CDs, DVDs, BCDs and databases
- Checkout our iPads
- Place holds on available and checked out items. You'll be notified when the item is ready for pick- up
- Request items through our interloan department
- Renew items
Library cards are available to residents of Canton Township, and those who work or go to school in Canton. Just present valid photo ID, pay stub or current school ID with a Canton address.
Note: Non-residents can purchase Canton Public Library Card(s) for $140 annually per family. This is the average annual household tax contribution to the library.For full details, view our borrowing schedule. Generally:
- Books and most other materials: 3 weeks
- DVDs and special items: 1 week
HoldsPatrons with a Canton or Plymouth library card can place holds. Materials will be kept on the hold shelf for four days after your notice is sent. We will charge a $.25 fee for each hold item that is not picked up within four days. You can avoid this fee by canceling or freezing holds you are unable to pick up.
- Online: Check the boxes, then press "renew selected"
- A Staff member can assist you by calling 734-397-0999 (option #3 for Checkout Desk)