Sesame Street first aired in 1969 and immediately found its way into the hearts of kids and parents across the country. Jim Henson, the magical man behind so many of the puppets, voiced fan favorites Kermit the Frog and Ernie up to his untimely death in May 1990. November 10 has been designated as Sesame Street Day, and there are so many ways to celebrate all things Sesame Street.
- Check out the great literacy games on the Sesame Street website.
- Catch your favorite episode on YouTube, or watch new ones every day on your local PBS station.
- Create your own episode of Sesame Street and have a parent record it to share with family and friends.
- Draw a picture of your favorite Sesame Street character.
- Have a Sesame Street party outside with your family- wear silly hats, sing the ABC's, and eat chocolate chip cookies (Cookie Monster's favorite).
- Check out one or more of our great Sesame Street books, e-media, or DVD's.