The Canton Public Library has over 90 computers for public use. Public computers are filtered per Michigan State law. Please note:
- Unfiltered web access computers, located in The Lab, are restricted to users 18 years and older by law
- Public computers will only store your working files until the end of the day. Be sure to save your files to a USB flash drive or web storage.
- For your protection, the ability to install new programs on public computers has been disabled
There's no time limit on computer use, residency restriction or log-in required. Every computer has Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access, as well as Photo Editor and Windows Media Player. You can access the internet and print, using a copy card, from any computer. Work from a USB drive, or ask for a portable floppy or CD/DVD drive at the Information Desk. Headphones ($1.50) and USB flash drives ($5) are available for purchase at the Check Out Desk.
Five of the computer stations are wheelchair-accessible. These stations are equipped with:
- Ergoguys Comfi wired ergonomic mice
- Ergoguys EZsee low vision keyboards
- 24" Dell monitors
You are also welcome to bring in your own laptop. The library has mobile laptop tables available, as well as accessible outlets throughout the library's seating areas.