This film won't be tied to a specific Cornwell mystery title. Much the way that Jason Bourne morphed into an action hero in plots not rigidly locked into the Robert Ludlum book series, the opera-loving coroner Scarpetta will be the lead in a suspense thriller in the vein of "The Silence of the Lambs" and "Seven."
Are you looking for someone new to read? Maybe a new mystery author? I'm hoping I'll find time to read at least one of these five titles this summer. Meredith Cole won the St. Martin's/Malice Domestic Best First Traditional Mystery Competition. Let us know what you think.
Angel's advocate by Mary Stanton
Bait by Nick Brownlee
Hangman blind by Cassandra Clark
- Hangman Blind by Cassandra Clark
- Posed for Murder by Meredith Cole
- Dust and Shadow: An Account of the Ripper Killings by Dr. John H. Watson by Lyndsay Faye
- Starvation Lake by Bryan Gruley
- Dog on It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery by Spencer Quinn.
TheMystery Writers of America announced the 2009 Edgar Awards on Thursday, April 30. C. J.