- Call to Order
- Call to Audience
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Report of the Library Director
- Old Business
- RFID Conversion Project
- Discussion of newsletter advertising inserts
- Deliver Director's Performance Evaluation and discuss establishing Director's Evaluation Committee for 2010 (discussion)
- 2010 Library Closings Calendar – move Staff In-Service from November 12 to November 5 or 19 (item of action)
- New Business
- Vote Confirming December 4 Email Approval of Amnesty Day on December 9, 2009 (item of action)
- Vote on TLN Plan of Service Revisions (item of action)
- 4th Quarter Budget Amendments (item of action)
- Nomination of Officers for 2010 (discussion)
- Call to Audience
The library is applying for the Library of Michigan Foundation's State Librarian's Excellence Award, which is given annually to a library that exemplifies excellence in customer service. The recipient will receive a trophy and prize sponsored by the Roger & June Mendel Fund.
We need your help to win this prestigious honor. If we've done something you think merits praise - a program, a collection, our general staff demeanor and library culture - please address a letter to the State Librarian's Excellence Award Committee, telling them why you think the Canton Public Library gives great service, and send it to Kathie Gladden c/o Canton Public Library - 1200 S. Canton Center Road - Canton, MI 48188.
The deadline for us to receive recommendation letters is Tuesday, September 8.
(Tuesdays are Members Only Days at Secondhand Prose; you can purchase membership in advance or on the sale day.)
Get Creative @ Saving for College at the Canton Public Library, now through August 21. Just fill out the entry card (available when you sign up your child for the 2009 summer reading program) and return it to a library staff member. Six parents will win $1,500 toward their child's college education, and six libraries will each receive $1,000 for future programming. Additional prizes will also be awarded to entrants. Get Creative @ Saving for College is made possible by a partnership of the Library of Michigan Foundation, the Michigan Education Savings Program (MESP), and the Michigan Education Trust (MET).
Don't have a pint - donate it to the American Red Cross blood drive when they set up shop at the library on Friday, June 26. You can sign up now at the Reception Desk, or just walk in any time between 11 am-5 pm. There's a critical need for blood this summer, due to the automotive shutdown, so please stop in to donate a drop or two. And be sure to bring a friend.