- You must be in 3rd through 12th grade
- If you're under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment and any other needed materials
Days and Times
- Monday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the East Wing
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the East Wing
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the East Wing
There will be no tutoring during school closures, library closures, and snow days.
1) As a result of patron feedback and suggestions, our 2012-2015 Strategic Plan includes a comprehensive look at how library spaces are used, how that usage has changed over time, and what changes you'd like to see to improve our interactions with you. In addition to your feedback and suggestions, we also considered the entire building; the original library building is now 25 years old, and the library additions are now 12 years old. Much of our equipment and fixtures date back to the original construction and are due (some overdue) for replacement. In 2013, we were able, through donations and use of Fund Balance, to update and renovate some library spaces--new study rooms were added in the east wing of the library, and renovations were done in our Community Room and Quiet Study Room, as well as in the staff kitchen. These updates and replacements will continue in 2014 with updates to the main area of the library, with our Patron Service Improvement Project (PSI Project).
[LEGO House by Mark Nicolson is licensed under CC BY 2.0]
Join us on October 3 at 7:00 PM to get your questions answered.
[sara_jan-2006-family by Cambodia4kids.org Beth Kanter is licensed under CC BY 2.0]
Join Dr. DeBendet on October 10, from 7:00-8:00 PM as he discusses his book and gives tips on fun, physical, healthy ways to connect with our children.
Families must work together to get things done, whether it’s taking on household chores or tackling a busy school year. But do you ever think about how your family can work together to stay healthy? From proper nutrition to safe exercise, Richard Grucz, MD, of Oakwood Healthcare System, will share important health tips and demonstrate how families can join together to maintain good health. Join us on October 7 from 7:00-8:00 PM for this informative event.
Dr. Grucz is a board certified family medicine physician at Oakwood Healthcare Center – Canton. He provides care for patients of all ages at the office, which is located at 7330 N. Canton Center Road.
- Use your own LEGO, Duplo, Megablocks or other LEGO compatible plastic brick.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO designed kit, project found online/in a book or magazine.
- Your creation must fit on one 10" by 10" LEGO baseplate. Your completed project may be no taller than 2 feet tall.
- Participants must register to ensure a space for display. One entry per registrant.
- Entries may be submitted by a team of up to 3 builders. Team entries should be registered under the name of the oldest participant. They will be judged in that age division. If you choose to submit a project as a team you will not be able to also submit an individual creation.
- Please provide a sign/label with your first name and age, the title of your project, and a short description highlighting what makes your "Dream Home" special. This will help voters make their decisions.
- Participants can begin to drop off projects on Monday, September 23rd at 9:00AM.
Sessions September 9-October 19
- Mondays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Tuesdays 10:30-11:00 AM (Purple Room) and 7:30-8:00 PM
- Wednesdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Thursdays 10:30-11:00 AM
- Fridays 1:30-2:00 PM (Purple Room)
- Saturdays 10:30-11:00 AM (Purple Room)
NOTE: The library is closed on Monday, October 14 and there will be no programming that day.
There are two separate Baby Storytime sessions, beginning Tuesday, September 10, 10:00 AM and Tuesday, September 10, 11:00 AM. Please register for one half-hour timeslot.
Dr. Bakhtyar is a board certified pediatrician who completed a fellowship in pediatric infectious diseases. She provides care for patients from infancy to adolescence at an office located in Oakwood Healthcare Center – Canton, at 7330 N. Canton Center Road.
[influenva virus by Kat Masback is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]