June 20, 2013 | Blogbrarian
Can you tell us who made these tracks? Follow these instructions:
- Obtain an activity log from one of the Help Desks.
- Locate the animal tracks and photos on the window of the Purple room in the Children’s department or along the bottom part of the New Book shelf in the Adult department.
- Look at an animal track and read the attached hint. Do you know which animal made the track or can you recognize the animal from the added description?
- Now look at all the animal photos displayed. Do you see the animal you think was described and could have made the track? If so...
- Find the letter next to the track. Write that letter next to the correct animal on the activity log.
- Put your completed activity log in the box on the reception desk for a drawing. Don’t forget to claim your ANIMAL LOVER badge online, too!
June 18, 2013 | hathawaym
Do you love comics? Saturday, June 22nd and Sunday, June 23rd the Ann Arbor District Library invites you to a totally free event: Kids Read Comics! Learn, draw, meet cartoonists! Can't make it to KRC? Check out these great graphic works by some of KRC's featured artists:
Drama by Raina Telgemeier ; with color by Gurihiru ; [lettering by John Green]
Giants beware! by written by Jorge Aguirre ; art by Rafael Rosado ; story by Rafael Rosado & Jorge Aguirre ; colors by John Novak, Matthew Schenk