Come celebrate Father's Day with your special Dad or Grandpa on Thursday, June 13 from 7:00-7:45pm. We will share some great "Dad" stories together, make a craft and enjoy some donuts. Designed for children ages 3-5. Take advantage of this opportunity to share together!
Children's Books on CD (formerly shelved in aisle #22) are now shelved with the Children's fiction books (aisles #15, #16, #17, #18). This will make it easier for patrons to find print books that are also available on CD so that they can follow along. It will also help kids to realize just how many wonderful, popular titles we have on CD.
It looks great thanks to a lot of work from our pages. Check it out!
Come back in the evening at 7:00 PM to hear the moving and amazing story of JoAnne Normile and how she started Canter, the racehorse rescue group, in Michigan. Normile's story is told through her book Saving Baby: How One Woman's Love for a Racehorse Led to Her Redemption. She will be available to sign copies of her starred Kirkus-reviewed book purchased at the event.
Parents, grandparents, and kids, 7-10, join us Saturday, July 20, 1:00-2:00 PM to make a beautiful family history charm bracelet. Design and decorate a unique charm for each member of your family out of Shrinky Dinks. Registration required.
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
- Monday, June 24 from 1-1:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 24 from 10-10:30 AM
- Tuesday, August 6 from 1:00-1:30 PM
Tuesday, June 25 from 7-8:30 PM
Monday, June 24, we'll give give our planet a GREEN THUMBs up and get our GAME ON with these fun summer films. We will start our day with fairies in the rainforest who are about to meet their first humans and end with the story of a football team that embraced challenges and change to triumph with a perfect season.
Kids Art Favorites Mosaic by Patrick Q is licensed under CC BY - SA 3.0
Bicycle Rack by Theen Moy is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0
Wimpy Kid fans going into grades 3 through 6, come join us for an evening hour of fun. Make a craft, play a game, enjoy a wimpy wonder, and get some car window clings to "Wimpify" your vehicles with your favorite Kinney characters.
When: July 23, 7:00-8:00 PM
Registration begins: May 29
Did you know August 9th is National Book Lovers Day? Join us Friday, August 9 from 2:00-2:45 PM for our Family Book Lovers Day Program. We'll have a great time hearing a story, eating a snack, talking about books, and working on a craft.
Monday, July 22, we will both GEEK OUT and SLEUTH IT. We'll start our day with a video game bad guy who wants to play the hero and end with a backwards tale about a man who can't remember much-and has the tattoos to prove it.