Nope, that's not me in that picture! That's my Little Buddy, LB! He get's out more than I do. In fact, in this picture, he's all the way down in Texas! He went there with Miss Kristen a little while back. They did a lot of fun things! They went camping and went to the park, and, as you can tell, LB made some new friends! There's lots of fun things to do in Texas! You can visit the Alamo, pretend you're a cowboy, or eat chili! Did you know that this animal is the state animal of Texas? Did you know that we have a stuffed animal one here in the library? Are you curious to learn more about Texas? There are lots of book about it here in the library!
Man, LB is so lucky! Now that it is warm out, he has all kinds of adventures planned. I'm just staying home. But I'm okay with that because it's my favorite time of year...Summer Reading! I can't wait until you all start coming in to get your reading log! It's only 20 days away you know! Woohoo! I'm so excited! See you SOON!
Does your family love to listen to the energetic rhythms of Jim Gill? Here’s your chance to experience the one-of-a-kind participation concert that has made Jim a family favorite.
- Tickets will be distributed by lottery
- To apply for tickets, log into your patron record at catalog.cantonpl.org starting Monday, May 10 at 9:00AM and continuing through Sunday, June 6 at 6:00PM (Ticket information will be at the bottom of your patron record)
- Lottery winners will be notified and will be able to pick up their tickets at the Children's Desk from Monday, June 7 through Wednesday, June 16 at 9:00PM
- Any unclaimed tickets will be put back into the lottery and redistributed before the concert
The bizarre and incredible world of plants by Wolfgang Stuppy, Rob Kesseler, Madeline Harley
Ever wondered what happens inside a seed? Or why some flowers are pollinated by bees, others by birds, and still others by bats? Curious what pollen looks like at a microscopic level? This book shows all of these and more, offering stunning color photographs of flowers and other plants. Gorgeous to look at and filled with scientific facts about the plants pictured, this book is enjoyable on several levels.
June is Audiobook Month! Join our "green" friends to celebrate this occasion. Choose a format that suits you — books on CD, MP3-CD, Playaway, downloadable, or cassette. Rest your eyes and let your ears do the reading!
Here's why you should:
- It saves time — one-click search wherever you are
- It saves money — search CPL instead of Amazon
- It's cool — get suggestions as you type (with jacket images in IE8!)
Small business owners and individuals who are self-employed have lots of questions and concerns about taxes. The IRS Tax Calendar has a wealth of tax tips, contact information and handy schedules. The IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center has links for everything from publications and forms to helpful newsletters.
You may subscribe to an RSS feed of library communications by pasting
into your feed reader.
This month's seminar includes inspirational success stories from Michigan business owners. The Strategies of Success series will resume in the fall.
There are many expenses in owning a small business. Although not every expense can be used as a business deduction, certain portions of car, travel, business use of your home, entertainment and gift expenses can be claimed. Knowing which expense is deductible and keeping good records is vital. For a specific lists of deductions, see Publication 463, Travel, Entertainment, Gift and Car Expenses and Publication 535, Business Expenses.
Today's tip is to keep good records for success. By keeping good records, small business owners can:
- Monitor the progress of their business
- Prepare their financial statements
- Identify source of receipts
- Keep track of deductible expenses
- Prepare their tax returns
- Support items reported on tax returns