NOTE: postings still must be authorized by library staff, so turn them over to the receptionist, who will see that they get to the appropriate staff member to be okayed and displayed.
In almost every sentence
Just can't get respect.
- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
- Dark lover: a novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward
- Fantasy lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- Marked: a house of night novel by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- The mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- In the garden of Iden: a novel of the company by Kage Baker
- A vision of light: a Margaret of Ashbury novel by Judith Merkle Riley
Scandinavian needlecraft: 35 step-by-step projects to create the Scandinavian home by Clare Youngs — Scandinavian embroidery has such a distinct, appealing look, and now this book shows us how to achieve it at home. Included here are a variety of projects for household items embellished with machine or hand embroidery in the Scandinavian style. Basic instructions on the techniques are also included, so these projects should be manageable for crafters at all skill levels.
Knitting mochimochi : 20 super cute strange designs for knitted amigurumi by Anna Hrachovec ; photographs by Brandi SimonsThis totally cute book includes patterns for twenty adorable knitted creatures and objects. It also includes basic knitting instructions and even has information about how to make sure your cute critters are safe for kids. I think my first project will be the Squirrels on Wheels. There are also some free patterns available on the Mochimochi blog (right sidebar).
Other ways to support Goodwill on September 25 include donating your e-waste (computer accessories) and gently used clothing or housewares at Thunderbowl from 8:00AM to Noon. The highest quality items collected will be sold at Goodwill's new Metro Detroit flagship retail store, scheduled to open this fall in Canton.
Individual tickets are available for $20 each. To purchase tickets online, please visit Goodwill Detroit Bowling for Jobs. Tickets can also be purchased at the door.
Sponsored by MLibrary and the African Studies Center
September 21st, 7:00-8:00PM for The Merlot Murders by Ellen Crosby
October 19th, 7:00-8:00PM for Grape Expectations by Tamar Myers
November 16th, 7:00-8:00PM for Deadly Vintage by Elaine Flinn
Copies of each book are available one month prior to the corresponding book discussion. Ask at the Adult Reference Desk for your copy.
for a reader who likes fast-paced suspense or something engrossing, fun, and stress-relieving:
Bangkok 8 by John Burdett
Agnes and the hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer
Size 12 is not fat by Meg Cabot
The secret life of bees by Sue Monk Kidd
The last Templar by Raymond Khoury
I was told there'd be cake: essays by Sloane Crosley
- Call to Order
- Budget Hearing
- Approval of Budget
- Tax Resolution (roll call vote required)
The city & the city by China Miéville
The windup girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
- Anubandhālu by Vi. Es. Ramādēvi
- Viḍākuliccēśānōc! by E. Jayalakṣmīrāju
- Anaganagā-marinni kotta kathalu by Bniṃ
- Prakrt̥ivarālu-2: āyurvēda arōgya grandhaṃ by Gāyatrīdēvi
- Nān vejiṭēriyan vaṇṭalu by saṅkalanaṃ, Ji. Lakṣmi
- Telugu sinimā caritralō Cirañjīvi by Si. Śrīkānt kumār
Come in and check them out.