- The Arabs: a short history by Heinz Halm
- Dreams and shadows: the future of the Middle East by Robin Wright
- The great Arab conquests: how the spread of Islam changed the world we live in by Hugh Kennedy
- A history of Islamic societies by Ira M. Lapidus
- A history of the Arab peoples by Albert Hourani
- Kingmakers: the invention of the modern Middle East by Karl E.
image Baby Toys by S*H*A*D*D*A*I used under Creative Commons license
Almost two dozen Tamil books are being put on the shelf this afternoon. Fiction titles include: Eṉṉuyirāy nīyirukka- by Ār. Makēsvari and Oṟṟaiyaṭip pātai by Kaṇṇaṉ Kiruṣṇaṉ. Nonfiction titles include: Kāṣmīr by Cantiraṉ and Jōtiṭam piṟanta katai by Vē. Laṭcumaṇaṉ. And there will be more coming soon!
This book is a terrific inspiration for a tone-on-tone garden bed. Some of my favorites include Hacquetia epipactis, Euphorbia lathyris (mole plant), and Bupleurum rotundifolium (hare's ear).
James Ellroy, the "Demon Dog of American Crime Fiction", is probably best known as the writer behind the novel "LA Confidential" which was turned into a 1997 Academy Award nominated film. While LA Confidential is a fantastic novel (even better than the stellar film), it's not Ellroy's strongest work, at least not in this writer's opinion.