Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
Parents, grandparents, and kids, 7-10, join us Saturday, July 20, 1:00-2:00 PM to make a beautiful family history charm bracelet. Design and decorate a unique charm for each member of your family out of Shrinky Dinks. Registration required.
Learn to create a spreadsheet and manage a list with Microsoft Excel 2010.
Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Join us on Thursday, August 15 from 6:30 to 8 PM.
Tuesday, June 25 from 7-8:30 PM
- Monday, June 24 from 1-1:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 24 from 10-10:30 AM
- Tuesday, August 6 from 1:00-1:30 PM
On Thursday, August 8 at noon, we will be discussing:
Lots of candles, plenty of cake by Anna Quindlen — From childhood memories to manic motherhood to middle age, Quindlen uses the events of her own life to illuminate our own in this humorous memoir. Along with the downsides of age, she says, can come wisdom, a perspective on life that makes it satisfying and even joyful. Candid, funny, moving, Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake is filled with the sharp insights and revealing observations that have long confirmed Quindlen's status as America's laureate of real life.
Program Date: July 10, 10:00 AM
[Caterpillar by Rickydavid is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]
And don't forget to stop by the Geek Out table during the CYS kickoff and complete a Nerd Knowledge quiz! Completed quizzes can be put into a drawing for summer movie passes from Goodrich Theaters. We'll select and announce the winner just before the movie starts! Join us in the Community Room on Monday, June 17 at 7:00 PM for the first in our Movie Mondays summer film series!
Attention all dinosaur lovers in grades K - 3. Come to the library and design your very own dino, dig for dino bones, play dino bingo, and enjoy a dino delight.
When: August 13, 2:00-3:00 PM
Registration begins: May 29
Please join the Adult Contemporary Book Discussion Group on Monday, July 15 at 7:00 PM in the Purple Room to discuss:
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn tells a masterful mystery of a deceptively perfect marriage that has gone terribly awry. On a warm summer morning and their fifth wedding anniversary, Nick discovers his wife, Amy is missing. What should have been a romantic occasion celebrating a happy life together, Nick becomes the prime suspect in her disappearance. But did Amy set him up and why?
Monday, July 29, we will CHOW DOWN with the CURTAINS UP. We'll start our day with a Parisian mouse who dreams of great food and end the evening with a song.
This program has been POSTPONED until the fall...stay tuned!!!
First there was The Hunger Games, next there came Divergent, now the ApocOlympics! Test your wits, skills and precision against your peers in a duel to the death in the ApocOlympics. Okay, so not to the death, BUT the winner will get bragging rights AND win a cool prize. No experience is necessary. Teens join us Saturday, June 29 from 1:00-3:00 PM for a fun filled challenge. Registration opens May 29.
When: July 29, 7:00-8:00 PM
Registration begins: May 29