This summer, have a blast with these exploding chalk bags from Growing a Jeweled Rose.
- Food coloring
- Sealable sandwich baggies
- Baking soda
- Toilet paper
- Add 1 cup of cornstarch with 1 cup of white vinegar in a sealable sandwich bag.
- Mix in the bag until the ingredients are combined.
- Add several drops of food coloring to each bag and then seal the bag tight.
- Allow kids to squish the ingredients in the sealed bag until combined.
- Make the baking soda squares while the kids are mixing the bags.
- Take a square of toilet paper.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda in the middle, then tuck the edges under securely like a tea bag. Repeat until you have enough squares for each bag of liquid.
Ready to Play?
Quickly add the toilet paper baking soda square to a bag then quickly reseal. Give the bag a quick shake to mix, then launch the bag at your target on a concrete surface for the best reaction.