If you are looking for an exciting book with lots of action and a quick pace, check the books listed below!
If you are looking for books with a strong plot and story that will keep you reading you may also be interested in the following book list that we put together based on one of our patron's request:
Are you looking for someone new to read? Maybe a new mystery author? I'm hoping I'll find time to read at least one of these five titles this summer. Meredith Cole won the St. Martin's/Malice Domestic Best First Traditional Mystery Competition. Let us know what you think.
Angel's advocate by Mary Stanton
Bait by Nick Brownlee
Hangman blind by Cassandra Clark
- Wanda Brunstetter started a new series, Indiana Cousins with the title A Cousin's Promise
- Brunstetter also writes the Sisters of Holmes County series, the first is A Sister's Secret
- Paul Gaus writes the Ohio Amish Mystery series, the first title is Blood of the Prodigal
- Cindy Woodsmall writes the Sisters of the Quilt series, the first title is When the Heart Cries
- Beth Wiseman writes the Daughter's of the Promise series, beginning w
- The Eighth Day by John Case
- Tell No One by Harlan Coban
- Prey by Michael Crichton
- Devil's Teardrop by Jeffrey Deaver
Also look at the May We Suggest list for Greg Iles fan? Have you read...
If your favorite genre is Fantasy or you are just looking for a new book to try you may also be interested in the following book list that we put together based on one of our patron's request:
- Name of the wind; the kingkiller chronicle ; day 1 / Patrick Rothfuss
- Sabriel by Garth Nix
- Foundling by D.M.
The current popularity of the "Twilight" series of books and movies have made the Vampire yet again a media darling. Let's face it though, the sun-sparkling, non-people eating vampires of "Twilight" were designed for a certain audience, those looking for a romance story.
If you like your vampire stories with (if you'll pardon the pun) "more bite," more moral ambiguity, and a lot less teen angst, you'll want to try Charlie Huston's series of Joe Pitt Casebooks. The Joe Pitt series takes place in a Manhattan that's been secretly divided by rival vampire gangs with different philosophical viewpoints on the world and the vampire's place in it.