Bouchercon 2010 will be held in San Francisco this year, October 14 - 17. Bouchercon is the World Mystery Convention. Every year readers, writers, publishers, editors, agents, booksellers and other lovers of crime fiction gather for a long weekend of both education and entertainment. Panel discussions, author signings, awards, and more are available throughout this four day conference. This year's Guests of Honor are Lee Childs, Denise Mina, Laurie R. King, Eddie Muller, and Maddy van Hertbruggen.
For more information visit Bouchercon by the Bay 2010.
Bouchercon 2011 — Spirits of St. Louis will meet September 15-18 in St. Louis, Missouri.
[Logo: Private Eye Writers of America 2010]
- Sambhramācyā lāṭā by Ratnākara Matakarī
- Prādhyāpaka vāīkarāñcī kathā : jhapāṭalelyā eka vāstūcī bhayakathā by Nārāyaṇa Dhārapa
- Kālindī by Jagannātha Kuṇṭe
As the weather gets colder and we all start staying indoors more, here are some cute picture books about being artistic to inspire you to create!
I ain't gonna paint no more! by Karen Beaumont; illustrated by David Catrow
The dot by Peter H. Reynolds
Harold and the purple crayon by Johnson, Crockett, 1906-
Frederick by Leo Lionni
- Głowa Minotaura by Marek Krajewski
- Dziewice, do boju! by Monika Szwaja
- Czarna wdowa atakuje by Irena Matuszkiewicz.
Come on in and check them out.
Since it'll be awhile before the book is published, why not check out some of Weird Al's music in the meantime?
“I’ve always wanted to write children's books,” said Yankovic. “And now, it’s not only a goal, it’s a contractual obligation.”
- Author Shya Scanlon is serializing his new novel, Forecast, across 42 blogs in the coming weeks
- Concord Free Press gives away unique books, on the premise that the readers will donate to charity, then pass the book along
- Journalist and author Chris Anderson is giving away his latest book, Free, in multiple formats on the web. Of course, you can borrow it free here as well
- Google Books offers millions of books and editions, many in full text. Additionally, Google Books has LIFE Magazine for many years. Protip: Use the advanced search to "Full view only"
- Read Print Library has far fewer books (around 8,000), but the interface for finding and reading books is very friendly
- Internet Archive stores Project Gutenberg as well as many other texts. The archive also has video, audio, and web categories