Drop-in Family Storytimes, September 15-October October 25:
- Mondays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Tuesdays 7:00-7:30 PM (Community Room)
- Wednesdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Thursdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Community Room)
- Thursdays 7:00-7:30 PM (Purple Room)
- Saturdays 10:00-10:30 AM (Purple Room)
1984: a novel by George Orwell ; with an afterword by Erich Fromm — Written in 1948, George Orwell's classic novel created a chilling future where Big Brother and the Thought Police monitored every move. And while the year 1984 has come and gone, Orwell's haunting vision of the world remains timeless.
For more insight on this work, take a look at these interviews with Cory Doctorow or Christopher Hitchens.
- Saturday, September 13
- Saturday, September 27
This discussion will help participants build literacy skills, as well as their vocabulary and writing skills.
Program Date: September 20, 2:00 PM
Registration begins August 25.
Session begins Tuesday, September 16, 10:00 AM
Learn to create a spreadsheet and manage a list
with Microsoft Excel 2010.
Registration required. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Join us on Friday, August 22 from 10-11:30
- The chill island music of Gratitude Steel Band
- inaBooth photography
- Kona ice truck
- Hot dogs will be cooked by Crusin' Custom Coneys
- Face Painting by Astute Artistry
- The stylings of the Balloon Buffoon, John Duh
- Canton Leisure Services Bouncy House
- Detroit Circus and Flyhouse performers
- Farm Animal Petting Zoo from Carousel Acres and much more...
We look forward to seeing you and will be ready to PARTY!
To be considered for the Women's EXPO, complete and return the vendor application by Monday October 6, 2014. Space is limited. For questions, contact Business Resource Librarian Amy Lee.