Photo Creature by Shawn Budemer (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)
and my young Jedi, I hope to see you at our program from 2:00 to 3:00 PM on October 11th. We will read an intergalactic story, have a spacey snack, and enjoy a surprise from dear Master Yoda. Registration begins September 25, 2014 and is open to children ages 5 years to 9 years old with a caregiver.
Join us on Thursday, October 9 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM as we celebrate books and book groups. Whether you want to learn about exciting titles for your own book group, are interested in finding out more about the CPL's book clubs, or simply want to meet, greet and chat with other book lovers, this event is for you. We will offering 'book tastings' as well as edible nibbles as we mix, mingle and share our insights.
"Jump into Fall" at our K Club program on Saturday, October 4 from 2:00-2:45 pm. Stories, crafts and a snack will all be centered around pumpkins, leaves and other fall favorites. This program is designed for children ages 4-6.
Learn to create a spreadsheet and manage a list
with Microsoft Excel 2010.
Registration required. Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Join us on Thursday, October 2 from 6:30-8:00 PM.
October 27, 7:00 - 8:00 PM. Join us for a lesson on tarot card reading with the staff from Illuminate Your Spirit. Learn how to use tarot cards and your intuition to bring you guidance for yourself and for your friends. This is a fun start to a perfect relationship with Tarot.Topics covered will be:
- What does it mean to be psychic, and do I need to be psychic to read the cards
- What are the major & minor cards
- Giving readings for yourself and friends.
Recommended for those 12 and up.
Someone by Alice McDermott. We first meet Marie, a bespectacled seven-year old who is standing on the steps of her Brooklyn townhouse waiting for her father. The story of Marie's life enfolds as we follow her through milestones of loss, love, marriage and motherhood.
Best in Show Dog Show Winner 2014 Oakley
Best in Show Contest Winners from left: Oakley (Standard Poodle), Seven (Yorkie), Bella Rose (Yorkie), Presser (Greyhound) and Penny (Beagle) on September 13, 2014.
- You must be in 3rd through 12th grade
- If you're under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment and any other needed materials
- Tutoring is on a first come first served basis
- Tutoring sessions will be a half an hour
Days and Times
- Monday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
The first day of tutoring will be Tuesday, October 14th.
Sunday, November 2 @ 12:00-2:00 PM
No registration required.