- Tuesday June 23
- Wednesday July 8
- Monday July 18
- Thursday July 23
- Monday July 27
- Friday August 7
All items are available on a first come first serve basis while supplies last. Limit one reward per CYS participant.
- You must be in 3rd through 12th grade
- If you're under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment and any other needed materials
Days and Times
- Monday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the East Wing
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the East Wing
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the East Wing
There will be no tutoring during school closures, library closures, and snow days. Tutoring ends May 21st.
The all-girl filling station's last reunion: a novel [kit] by Fannie Flagg — Spanning decades, generations, and America in the 1940s and today, The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion is a fun-loving mystery about an Alabama woman today, and five women who in 1943 worked in a Phillips 66 gas station, during the WWII years. Like Fannie Flagg's classic Fried green tomatoes at the Whistle-Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg, this is filled to the brim with Flagg's trademark funny voice and storytelling magic. CPL's Lunch and a Book Group gave this title 4 stars out of 5. Note: This kit contains 10 copies of the title.
Bone: tall tales by Jeff Smith ; with Tom Sniegoski ; color by Steve Hamaker
Iron Man. Enter the dragon by writer, Fred Van Lente ; penciler, James Cordeiro ; inker, Scott Koblish ; colorist, Martegod Gracia ; letterer, Nate Piekos ; cover artist, Michael Golden
Creatures from Planet X! by Yale Stewart
Beware the Inquisitor! by written by Lisa Stock
Rutabaga the adventure chef. 1 by Eric Colossal
- With your library card, check out one of the library's 19 CDs on which B.B. King appears.
- Use hoopla digital to listen to B.B. King on your computer or mobile device.
- Stream B.B. King from the Alexander Street Press Jazz Music Library, straight from our website.
- Blues All Around Me: The Autobiography by B. B. King
- B.B. King: There is Always One More Time by David McGee
[Photo credit: "B.B. King in 2009" by Tom Beetz - http://www.flickr.com/photos/9967007@N07/6577873073. Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wi…/File:B.B._King_in_2009.jpg…]
Spring 1865: the closing campaigns of the Civil War by Perry D. Jamieson
The residence: inside the private world of the White House by Kate Andersen Brower
1920: the year that made the decade roar by Eric Burns
Fracture: life and culture in the West, 1918-1938 by Philipp Blom
Summer is coming, and #cysisawesome!
Connect Your Summer, the Canton Public Library's summer reading program, kicks off on June 1! Whenever you read, attend a library program, or do an activity in the library, you can claim badges online. The more badges you earn, the more chances you have for winning prizes! For more information, check out a refresher on how to participate in Connect Your Summer.
Get ready to have a super mega ultra summer!
Thursday, May 21, 2015, 7:30 PM
- Call the Meeting to Order
- Call to Audience (5 min. maximum)
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of General Meeting Minutes
- Report of the Library Director
- Trustee Comments
- Committee Reports
- Financial Committee
- Unfinished Business and General Orders
- New Business
- Transfer of Endowment Fund
- Bond Redemption Options
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Policy (1st Reading)
- Strategic Plan Update
- Call to Audience (5 min. maximum)
Gripping, fast-paced, and filled with the fascinating historical detail for which he is famous, The Inner Circle is a thrilling novel that showcases a brilliant author writing at the height of his craft.
Participating libraries will host events relating to The Inner Circle this May and June, including a special book discussion June 14th at 1pm, and author Brad Meltzer will appear in person at two events on June 22nd.
Due to popular demand, a ticket will be required for both author appearances. Tickets are free but limited and will be given away at the Information Desk on a first come, first serve basis to Canton Public Library cardholders in good standing.
Monday, June 22nd at 2 PM
Rochester Church of Christ
250 W. Avon Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Kate the great: except when she's not by Suzy Becker
Tales from a not-so-happily ever after by Rachel Renée Russell with Nikki Russell and Erin Russell
Guys read: funny business by edited and with an introduction by Jon Scieszka ; stories by Mac Barnett ... [et al.] ; with illustrations by Adam Rex
The call of the bully: a Rodney Rathbone novel by Scott Starkey
The barftastic life of Louie Burger by Jenny Meyerhoff ; with pictures by Jason Week