The upgrade to cables and switches in our main network facility will allow us to monitor and address network issues more efficiently, minimizing future interruptions and downtime for patrons and staff. Thank you for your patience.
Wild born by Brandon Mull
A dark inheritance by Chris d'Lacey
The dragonet prophecy by Tui T. Sutherland
Young samurai: the way of the warrior by Chris Bradford
The luck uglies by Paul Durham ; illustrations by Pétur Antonsson
SYLO by D.J. MacHale
The Foundry's edge by Cameron Baity & Benny Zelkowicz
The Chairperson, Kim Schulz called the meeting to order at 6:00 PM
- Present: N. Eggenberger, M. Farell, J. Fausone, T. Hartnett, K. Schulz
- Absent: S. Foster
- Also Present: E. Davis, K. Gladden
Call to Audience(L. Golden, R. Havenstein-Coughlin, L. Papa, S. Rzetelny, N. Szczepanski) – None
Approval of AgendaThe agenda was approved as amended by unanimous consent.
Approval of General Meeting MinutesThe minutes were approved by unanimous consent.
E. Davis distributed copies of a document from the League of Women Voters concerning State Proposal 14-1 (which appears on the August 5 ballot), the act that would (if passed) provide funding to replace the revenue lost to libraries (and othe municipal entities) when the Personal Property Tax for small businesses was eliminated.
Davis invited the board to attend the annual staff picnic (Tuesday, August 19 from 11:30 AM-1:30 PM); an official invitation from the Social Committee will be forthcoming.
The Friends of the Library are interested in installing a butterfly garden, in the library grounds overlooked by the fireplace area. (There is a water feature in that space currently, but mechanical problems necessitated turning off the water supply four years ago.) Jim Laffey and Marian Nicholson have met with Friends board members and will be working with them and with Reliable Landscaping to implement a plan.
- The chill island music of Gratitude Steel Band
- inaBooth photography
- Kona ice truck
- Hot dogs will be cooked by Crusin' Custom Coneys
- Face Painting by Astute Artistry
- The stylings of the Balloon Buffoon, John Duh
- Canton Leisure Services Bouncy House
- Farm Animal Petting Zoo from Carousel Acres and much more...
We look forward to seeing you and will be ready to PARTY!
Burn [videodisc] by directed by Tom Putnam and Brenna Sanchez
Half the road: the passion, pitfalls & power of women's professional cycling [videodisc] by written, produced, and directed by Kathryn Bertine
St. Paul's Cathedral [videodisc] by produced by Atlantic Productions Ltd. for National Geographic Channels in association with PBS & France TV ; series producer, Lara Acaster ; director, Jay Taylor
Trashed [videodisc] by Blenheim Films presents a film by Candida Brady ; executive producer, Jeremy Irons ; produced by Candida Brady & Titus Ogilvy ; written & directed by Candida Brady
Wild Brazil [videodisc]: Land of fire and flood by producer, Joe Stevens ; director, Adam White ; a BBC/ Discovery Channel co-production
Before Motown: a history of jazz in Detroit, 1920-60 by Lars Bjorn with Jim Gallert
Ask Not by Max Allan Collins
Murder as a Fine Art by Charles Morrell
Three can keep a secret: a Joe Gunther novel by Archer Mayor
Murder as a fine art by David Morrell
A question of honor by Charles Todd
Adult or teen assists Technical Processing staff in a variety of support functions
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Review music CDs, DVDs and/or BCDs for repair or replacement
- Tape edges on paperback books
- Repair binding, torn pages and any other normal wear found on damaged books
- Replace damaged cases for audio-visual materials
- Apply RFID tags to new collection acquisitions
- Remove item records of withdrawn materials from program database
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Additional projects and repairs as assigned by supervisor
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Attentiveness to detail
- Neatness (in printing/writing/cutting etc.)
- Familiar (and comfortable) with personal computing applications
- Volunteer should be self-motivated and a fast learner, with the ability to work with minimal supervision after training
- Ability to visually distinguish among various audio-visual items
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to understand spoken instruction and to communicate clearly with supervisor
- Ability to lift and carry 10-25 lb. boxes if necessary
- At least one (1) one- or two-hour shift weekly
- Weekday shifts only (Monday through Friday)
- Shifts between the hours 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Applications will be accepted (at any public desk) until August 3 at 6:00 PM.
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. Cecilia Fitzpatrick lives to be perfect: a perfect marriage, three perfect daughters, and a perfectly organized life. Then she finds a letter from her husband, John-Paul, to be opened only in the event of his death. She opens it anyway, and everything she believed is thrown into doubt.