The Chairperson, Amy Watts, called the meeting to order at 7:31 PM.
Present: Nancy Eggenberger, Michelle Farell, Jasmine Lee, Jane Pandit, Don Turner, Amy Watts
Also Present: E. Davis, K. Gladden
- CALL TO AUDIENCE (L. Golden, M. Nicholson) – None
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved by unanimous consent.
- APPROVAL OF GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
The minutes were approved by unanimous consent.
- COMMUNICATIONS — Director Eva Davis met with Beth Meade and Darice Schubatis of the Canton Community Foundation, who extended to the trustees the offer of a seat on the foundation’s Finance and Investment Committee, which meets quarterly. Davis also discussed possible ramifications to the library from the Canton Community Foundation’s recent merger with the Plymouth Community Foundation.
- DIRECTORS REPORT — The financials are unaudited figures as of December 31, 2018 and do not reflect the fund balance transfer. The auditors will present their report to the board in April, at which time the financial statements will be closed out.
- TRUSTEE COMMENTS — None
- COMMITTEE REPORTS — None
- OLD BUSINESS — None
- NEW BUSINESS
- Preliminary 2019 Monthly Board Meeting Agendas — Davis informed the board that the March meeting would include a presentation by the engineering firm, Engie Services.
She additionally advised that late changes by the previous legislature to the Michigan Freedom of Information
Act will require revisions to the library’s FOIA procedure. Anne Seurynck, the library’s attorney, is reviewing it
now and the board will vote on the revision at an upcoming meeting. It is also time to review the library’s Patron
Code of Conduct, which will be appended to an upcoming agenda.
The February audit of the 2018 fiscal year will be the final one of our three-year engagement with Plante
Moran. In May, the board will discuss whether to do a Request for Proposal; to sign another multi-year
agreement with Plante Moran; or to proceed on a year-by-year basis with them.
- Board Committee Assignments — The board deferred appointing members to potential committees (audit selection, director’s evaluation) until a later date.
- CALL TO AUDIENCE – None
The meeting was adjourned at 7:48 PM.