and my young Jedi's, I hope to see you at our program from 2:00 to 3:00 PM on October 11th. We will read an intergalactic story, have a spacey snack, and enjoy a surprise from dear Master Yoda. Registration begins September 25, 2014 and is open to children ages 5 years to 9 years old with a caregiver.
"Jump into Fall" at our K Club program on Saturday, October 4 from 2:00-2:45 pm. Stories, crafts and a snack will all be centered around pumpkins, leaves and other fall favorites. This program is designed for children ages 4-6.
- You must be in 3rd through 12th grade
- If you're under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment and any other needed materials
- Tutoring is on a first come first served basis
- Tutoring sessions will be a half an hour
Days and Times
- Monday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
The first day of tutoring will be Tuesday, October 14th.
Check out the short stories that were submitted as part of the Teen Creative Writing Series this summer. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Irresistible Jeopardy by Akshay J.
Four friends discover their own special powers after an explosion in a local mall.
Meteor National Park by Saarah A.
A photographer becomes part of an unsolved mystery while visiting a national park.
The Day I Joined the Lab by Ashish P.
Two freshman students learn the benefits of a college education while working in a science lab.
The Earthquake by Sofia A.
After surviving an earthquake, a family learns what is truly important in life.
The Hipperdoodles by Anurag B.
A humorous look at how aliens discover the Earth and human kindness.
The Not So Sane Chronicles by Chirag B.
From his vantage point in a mental hospital, a patient with multiple personalities makes plans to rescue Earth from the hands of the so-called sane people who are destroying it.
Registration begins August 25.
Session begins Tuesday, September 16, 10:00 AM
and hoping for a delicious snack! Join us for our Pinecone Birdfeeder Craft and Story program on Saturday, September 13, 2014 from 2:00-2:45 PM. We will read some delightful bird stories and have fun making pinecone birdfeeders using peanut butter and birdseed. The program is open to children ages 4 to 8 years old and their caregivers. Registration starts August 25, 2014. There will be peanut butter at this program!
The final days by Bob Woodward, Carl Bernstein
Nixonland: the rise of a president and the fracturing of America by Rick Perlstein
The Nixon Defense: What He Knew and When He Knew It by Dean, John W
The conviction of Richard Nixon: the untold story of the Frost/Nixon interviews by James Reston, Jr
War horses of WWI [videodisc] by produced by Testimony Films ; directed by George Pagliero
Killing fields [videodisc]: the first World War, by a co -production of WGBH Boston and British Broadcasting Corporation ; produced and directed by Bill Treharne Jones
Gallipoli [videodisc] by produced by Hamdi Doker Burak Ornek
Last voyage of the Lusitania [videodisc] by produced and directed by Peter Schnall
- The chill island music of Gratitude Steel Band
- inaBooth photography
- Kona ice truck
- Hot dogs will be cooked by Crusin' Custom Coneys
- Face Painting by Astute Artistry
- The stylings of the Balloon Buffoon, John Duh
- Canton Leisure Services Bouncy House
- Detroit Circus and Flyhouse performers
- Farm Animal Petting Zoo from Carousel Acres and much more...
We look forward to seeing you and will be ready to PARTY!
Top items requested by HSHV are:
- Gently used bath towels, small blankets, and small pet beds that can be washed.
- Dog and cat food in the original unopened bag within 3 months after the expiration date.
- Dog and cat food in the original opened bag within 3 months after the expiration date, providing it is free of bugs or rodent waste.
But that is only the tip of the iceberg of the many items that help HVHS care for their residents. For more donation ideas, please visit their website for a complete wish list of items.
As an added bonus, supporting this donation drive will also earn you your CYS Animal Lover On the Scene badge.
The emedia link on our website offers numerous options to
get eLectrified for the summer. You can earn a Connect Your Summer eLectrified badge by reading a
book, swiping through a magazine, downloading music or streaming TV shows and
movies, all on your device and free through one of our emedia subscriptions. Each app operates on the Kindle Fire, the iPad/iPhone and any Android device (other devices may vary). Take a moment and sign-up for:
hoopla (TV, movies, music, audiobooks)
Overdrive (eBooks and audiobooks)
Get eLectrified today!