We want to ensure you have access to online resources during our closure, so we are
- Ordering additional copies of popular ebook and eaudio titles in OverDrive and CloudLibrary, to reduce or eliminate hold lists.
- Doubling monthly Hoopla checkout limits to 40 through March and April, and adding 1,100 "free" popular titles that don't count against your checkout limit.
In addition, our database vendors are also offering free or enhanced services during this time, which we will make available to you for as long as they are offered:
- Kanopy is creating a selection of "free" titles that do not count against monthly caps, including unlimited access to Kanopy Kids content!
For Pre-K students, Miss HumbleBee's Academy offers learning exercises in math, science, social studies, language and literacy, art, and music to prepare children for Kindergarten.
- Brainfuse has added additional tutors for their live hours, and is providing stronger support for their 24/7 learning tools such as Skill Surfer and MEET online collaboration.
- The popular genealogy resource Ancestry, normally restricted to in-library use, is available to you at home. (Access to this resource has been temporarily expanded to library cardholders working remotely, courtesy of ProQuest and its partner Ancestry.)
- Scholastic Learn at Home provides daily lessons and activities to keep kids engaged and learning during school closures.
- In addition to our usual Tumblebooks content, you may now access Tumblemath to support K-5 students
Pronunciator has added special COVID-19 lessons in 101 languages to help learners communicate with health care professionals - perfect for English Language Learners.
- Kids InfoBits helps teachers (and parents) find curriculum-appropriate content for young learners on animals, music, people, and more!
- Gale in Context for Middle School, High School, or College offers age-appropriate interdisciplinary content that encourages critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
All you need to access these resources is an active CPL library card. We have changed expiration dates on all library cards set to expire in March and April, and will renew already-expired cards online if you contact us. Don't have a card? You can apply online to receive a temporary card good for 90 days.