Top items requested by HSHV are:
- Gently used bath towels, small blankets, and small pet beds that can be washed.
- Dog and cat food in the original unopened bag within 3 months after the expiration date.
- Dog and cat food in the original opened bag within 3 months after the expiration date, providing it is free of bugs or rodent waste.
But that is only the tip of the iceberg of the many items that help HVHS care for their residents. For more donation ideas, please visit their website for a complete wish list of items.
As an added bonus, supporting this donation drive will also earn you your CYS Animal Lover On the Scene badge.
On July 26 from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM we are welcoming Sr. Leonor J Esnard, Principal of Adrian Dominican Montessori Teacher Education Institute (http://www.admtei.org/) for an informative session covering a variety of important topics including:
- Ages and stages of a child's brain development and early cognitive development
- Building concentration, confidence, coordination, independence and order
- Tenets of the Montessori philosophy
- Using the Montessori philosophy at home to encourage positive brain development
And much, much more.
There will also be a Q & A session with our esteemed presenter. This program is developed for parents, teachers and student teachers o ALL teaching philosophies. Register today!
This program is presented in cooperation with Banyan Montessori of Canton
Wondering if any of those homemade beauty product recipes on Pinterest actually work? Do you spend time pinning handmade scrubs and creams to a board thinking you will give them a whirl someday? Well let's roll up our sleeves together and bring some of those pins to life! Join staff librarian and DIY enthusiast July 29th at 7:00 pm as we sample some recipes and recreate a few other. Ages 12 and up. Registration required.