Reversing dyslexia: improving learning & behavior without drugs by Phyllis Books, DC, CCN
Embracing dyslexia [videodisc] by directed by Luis Macias
The little book of dyslexia: both sides of the classroom by Joe Beech ; edited by Ian Gilbert
Square peg: my story and what it means for raising innovators, visionaries, and out-of-the-box thinkers by L. Todd Rose with Katherine Ellison
Photo Rory's Story Cubes for StADa by jwordsmith (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)
On Thursday, October 23 at 7:00 PM Plymouth film maker and CEO of At Risk Entertainment, Larry Simmons, will screen his haunting tale. Locked in a Room has been featured at the San Diego Black Film Festival, has been distributed in Germany, Austria and Switzerland looks forward to distribution in Spanish speaking countries such as Brazil and Mexico. Stick around afterward the screening for a rousing Q&A with the film maker himself. Check out the official trailer here and be spooked out just in time for Halloween! This film is not rated but does include mature language and themes and is recommended for people ages 13 and up.
- You must be in 3rd through 12th grade
- If you're under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment and any other needed materials
- Tutoring is on a first come first served basis
- Tutoring sessions will be a half an hour
Days and Times
- Monday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
The first day of tutoring will be Tuesday, October 14th.