Feast for 10 by Cathryn Falwell
Don't let Auntie Mabel bless the table by Vanessa Brantley Newton
Three scoops and a fig by written by Sara Laux Akin ; illustrated by Susan Kathleen Hartung
Bring me some apples and I'll make you a pie: a story about Edna Lewis by Robbin Gourley
Everybody serves soup by Norah Dooley ; illustrations by Peter J. Thornton
For technical reasons, MeLCat will be temporarily unavailable for new requests beginning on Wednesday, November 18. Library users will be able to pick up MeLCat materials until Wednesday, December 2. The ability to place requests will be restored by Friday, December 11. MeLCat materials can be returned at any time.
Databases provided by MeL may be unavailable outside of the library from December 2-11.
For more information, please visit the MeLCat website.
Please plan ahead and place your MeLCat requests prior to November 18!
This year marks the 200th anniversary of Jane Austen's Emma. Stop by our display and check out All Things Austen!
Emma: a modern retelling by Alexander McCall Smith
The Jane Austen Quilt Club: a novel by Ann Hazelwood
Jane Austen's first love by Syrie James
Longbourn by Jo Baker
Jane Austen's England by Roy and Lesley Adkins
Undressing Mr. Darcy by Karen Doornebos
Sense and sensibility by Jane Austen ; foreword by Cathleen Schine
The thing about jellyfish by Ali Benjamin
Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
Challenger deep by Neal Shusterman ; illustrations by Brendan Shusterman
Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- Big Fun With Big Data - Come learn about statistics, data collection and analysis. Students will conduct a guided experiment and then spend time crunching all the numbers. Saturday, November 21, 1:00 - 3:00 PM.
- Minecraft: Unlock the Logic - Using the very popular computer game, students will explore logic gates - the building blocks of every digital system. Participants must bring a personal laptop and Minecraft account information to this workshop. Sunday, November 22, 1:00 - 3:00 PM.
- Play Dough Circuits - Come explore electric circuitry with a variety of fun hands on activities. Saturday, December 5, 1:00 - 3:00 PM.
- Egg Drop Workshop - Students will design, build and then test their own egg drop container. Sunday, December 6, 1:00 - 3:00 PM.
- Crystal Radio Workshop - Come explore the science of radios and learn about sound waves, antennas and resonances.