Is there a book you know and love? A title you find yourself recommending over and over again? Maybe it changed your life or your outlook. And maybe it could make a difference to someone else. Welcome to the 2020 Canton Book Project.
The Canton Book Project is your chance to share your love of reading by giving out books to people in this community who, for whatever reason, don't read for pleasure or own books.
Applications are now being accepted from those interested in being book givers. Book givers will have the opportunity to share the love of reading by distributing a book of their choice to other members of the community. Readers of all ages are encouraged to apply and books can be of any reading level.
Interested parties must have a valid library card on file and complete the online application below. Applicants must identify their book of choice and explain in no more than 500 words:
- Reasons for selecting the chosen title
- Why they should be the one to give it out – Tell us how and why you want to spread your passion for this particular book.
- Intended audience for their book of choice.
By applying to be a Canton Book Project book giver you agree, if selected, to:
- Attend the Canton Book Project Reception and Distribution Night on April 22, 2020
- Give out all of your books by May 31, 2020
- Seek out those who don’t regularly read as recipients of your books
- Allow your image and name to be used by the library for promotion about this program
Please fill out the application below, which is due by 9:00 PM on March 20.
Selected book givers will be notified by email.