August 17 marks the 225th birthday of American legend Davy Crockett. Although much lore surrounds the life of the coonskin-capped frontiersman, the truth is actually a different story–and just as interesting. History buffs will find Michael Wallis' new biography, David Crockett: The Lion of the West, a compelling portrait of the man.
Campy: The Two Lives of Roy Campanella by Neil Lanctot
Photo courtesy of eLibrary.
The fatal touch: a Commissario Alec Blume novel by Conor Fitzgerald
The last stand: Custer, Sitting Bull, and the Battle of the Little Bighorn by Nathaniel Philbrick
Knuckler: my life with baseball's most confounding pitch by Tim Wakefield with Tony Massarotti ; foreword by Phil Niekro
The quantum thief by Hannu Rajaniemi
Dating Mr. December by Phillipa Ashley
Flyfisher's guide to Michigan by Jim Bedford
Trout streams of Michigan: a fly-angler's guide by Bob Linsenman and Steve Nevala; foreword by Ernest Schwiebert
Beginner's guide to fly fishing by Jim Casada
- Backyard Games — July 28, 1:00-3:00PM
- 2011 Great Paper Airplane Contest — July 21, 11:00-Noon
- Open Chess from 1:00-5:00PM on
- June 26
- July 10
- July 24
- August 14
- August 28
- Summer Reading with the Plymouth Whalers — June 27 and 29, 2:00-2:30PM
- Summer Reading with the Plymouth Whalers — July 14, 11:00-11:30AM
- International Game Day — July 26, 1:00-3:00PM
- Fellow's Creek Municipal Golf Club — Golfer friendly golf course
- High Velocity Sports — Canton's Premier Sports and Recreation Venue
- Pheasant Run Golf Club — Community golf facility
- Pump it Up — Inflatable Party Zone
- Skatin Station II — Family Skating Center
- Summit on the Park — Summit on the Park has something for everyone!
- Zap Zone — Zap Zone is Michigan's premier spot for laser tag, glo golf, mini bowling, go carts and much more!
Hockey hotshots: young stars of the NHL by Steele Filipek; with photographs
Hockey skills by James MacDonald
Dairy queen: a novel by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Front and center by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
The girl who threw butterflies by Mick Cochrane
Girl overboard by Justina Chen Headley
Some of the newest books for each sport. Read about the game, the personalities, and the drama, then go out and play!
Cricket — Featured Sport
The art and science of cricket by Bob Woolmer
Cricket by Ralph Dellor
Cricket explained by Robert Eastaway: Illustrations by Mark Stevens
Don't want to be cooped up in the house this summer? Play some cool outdoor games and keep boredom at bay. Need ideas to get you started? Check out the list of books below. You'll find new ideas for games along with some old familiar favorites.
Run, jump, hide, slide, splash: the 200 best outdoor games ever by Joe Rhatigan & Rain Newcomb
Get out!: outdoor activities kids can enjoy anywhere (except indoors) by Hallie Warshaw with Jake Miller; photography by Julie Brown
No registration is necessary for Thursday, May 26 at 7:00PM in the Community Room.
The month of May just happens to be National Bike Month. Now that the weather's finally improving, take some time to get outside and ride your bike. Check out some bike books, too! Listed below are a few fun choices. Happy reading (and bike riding!).
Little Lizard's new bike by Melinda Melton Crow; illustrated by Andrew Rowland
Curious George rides a bike by H. A. Rey