Join us to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Children's Book Week from April 29th - May 5th.
It's a great time to acknowledge your favorite children's books, authors, and illustrators OR to find new favorites to share. Get involved on your own, or participate with family and friends while you explore the amazing world of children's books.
Our week-long festivities offer many opportunities to join in the fun.
- Register for Lit Lab: Children's Book Week, open to families with kids ages 4-9 (Monday, April 29th).
- Dress up as children's book character and visit the Children's Reference Desk for a small prize (all week).
- Pick up Children's Book Week activities and bookmarks, available on the Children's Reference Desk (all week).
- Test your knowledge of Children's Book Illustrators at the Teen Reference Desk (all week).
- Stop by for Free Comic Book day and May the Fourth (Saturday, May 4th).
- Bonus: this is also Screen Free Week, and you can find activities at screenfree.org.