The time of year for trying new things is upon us. This year, we present you with a few prompts to allow your kids the opportunity to work on some small reading-related goals and see how they are similar to their neighbors and Canton community members.
For this seasonal challenge, we have created a printable CPL Kids Winter Reading Challenge for your children to track their progress and fill in which materials they used for each challenge they completed. See below for recommended lists to help them complete these challenges.
Finally, be sure to visit the library and share your challenge progress with us to celebrate. The CPL Winter Reading Challenge runs from December 23, 2022 to January 31, 2023.
- Read a book with a red cover
- Read a book by a Black author
- Share a book with the library fish and snap a photo
- Read a new book by an Asian author
- Draw a picture or write a story inspired by your last read
- Read a challenged book
- Build a cozy blanket fort and read inside
- Read a book with the word "night" in the title
- Read a nonfiction book about a historical person, place or thing
- Read an e-book or e-audiobook by a Latinx author