Governor Gretchen Whitmer's Executive Order 2020-20 (COVID-19) has extended the closure of all libraries in the state through April 13.
- We extended the due dates on all materials, including MeL items, to April 30.
- Do not return materials to the library at this time. Stay home, stay safe.
- We've suspended the ability to place holds. If you have an item on hold, your place in the queue is frozen. If you have a hold item ready for pick up, it will be there for you when we reopen. You will not be charged for failure to pick up your hold.
- MeL requests are also suspended.
- We've doubled the number of items you can check out each month on hoopla, from 20 items per card to 40.
- Kanopy has added no-credit titles, which means these titles will not count against your monthly cap. Also, Kanopy for Kids is now free for a limited time.
- We've shifted our purchasing to add more electronic materials to our collection and reduce hold times for these items.
- Standard cards set to expire in March or April have been renewed through April 30.
- If your card has expired within the last six months, you can request that it be renewed. We will renew for your card for three months.
- If you've applied online for a card, allow a minimum of three to five days for processing.
Thank you again for your patience and support. We are responding to emails and social media as quickly as we can. Follow us on social media for daily tips and activities you can do online.