The language of flowers: a novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Winterdance: the fine madness of running the Iditarod by Gary Paulsen
My name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira
1984: a novel by George Orwell ; with an afterword by Erich Fromm
Are you keeping up with the Detroit Lions? They are having a really great year (finally). Their next game is Sunday, December 4th, against the New Orleans Saints. Since it's an away game, and unless you are among the very lucky folks attending, be sure to read up on your favorite team on their website or in our nonfiction collection. Go Lions!
August 17 marks the 225th birthday of American legend Davy Crockett. Although much lore surrounds the life of the coonskin-capped frontiersman, the truth is actually a different story–and just as interesting. History buffs will find Michael Wallis' new biography, David Crockett: The Lion of the West, a compelling portrait of the man.
Campy: The Two Lives of Roy Campanella by Neil Lanctot
Photo courtesy of eLibrary.
The fatal touch: a Commissario Alec Blume novel by Conor Fitzgerald
The last stand: Custer, Sitting Bull, and the Battle of the Little Bighorn by Nathaniel Philbrick
Knuckler: my life with baseball's most confounding pitch by Tim Wakefield with Tony Massarotti ; foreword by Phil Niekro
The quantum thief by Hannu Rajaniemi
Dating Mr. December by Phillipa Ashley
Flyfisher's guide to Michigan by Jim Bedford
Trout streams of Michigan: a fly-angler's guide by Bob Linsenman and Steve Nevala; foreword by Ernest Schwiebert
Beginner's guide to fly fishing by Jim Casada
- Backyard Games — July 28, 1:00-3:00PM
- 2011 Great Paper Airplane Contest — July 21, 11:00-Noon
- Open Chess from 1:00-5:00PM on
- June 26
- July 10
- July 24
- August 14
- August 28
- Summer Reading with the Plymouth Whalers — June 27 and 29, 2:00-2:30PM
- Summer Reading with the Plymouth Whalers — July 14, 11:00-11:30AM
- International Game Day — July 26, 1:00-3:00PM
- Fellow's Creek Municipal Golf Club — Golfer friendly golf course
- High Velocity Sports — Canton's Premier Sports and Recreation Venue
- Pheasant Run Golf Club — Community golf facility
- Pump it Up — Inflatable Party Zone
- Skatin Station II — Family Skating Center
- Summit on the Park — Summit on the Park has something for everyone!
- Zap Zone — Zap Zone is Michigan's premier spot for laser tag, glo golf, mini bowling, go carts and much more!