The policies linked below have been approved  by the Canton Public Library's Board of Trustees. They are intended to support CPL's mission of connecting your community.
- Accompany and Supervise Children
- Monitor Personal Belongings and Clean up after Yourself
- Treat People and Property in a Respectful Manner
- Meeting rooms are not available for party-type functions
- Events must be open to all persons who wish to attend
- It's inappropriate/unsafe to wear open-toed shoes and other clothing
- Friendly, courteous behavior toward everyone using the library is expected
- Cards are available if you live, work, or study in Canton; or for an annual cost
- Materials circulate according to a borrowing schedule
- Users may not install any type of software on library computers
- CPL reserves the right to delete spam, flaming, and off-topic comments
- The library does not accept exhibits of a purely commercial nature
- Exhibit space must be reserved in advance
- Requirements for membership
- Official duties of the Board
- Those who use the rooms must occupy them
- Rooms A-F are for group use. Single users may be asked to move.
- The release or disclosure of library records without consent is prohibited
- Libraries must enact and enforce a policy to protect minors on the internet
Americans with Disabilities Act
The Canton Public Library affirms its support of equal access for persons with disabilities and the Americans with Disabilities Act. The library seeks to make its services, facilities and programs as accessible as possible to the public, including those who have disabilities.