Drawing on her own adventures living in re-created Tudor conditions, Goodman serves as our intrepid guide to sixteenth-century living. Proceeding from daybreak to bedtime, this charming, illustrative work celebrates the ordinary lives of those who labored through the era. From sounding the "hue and cry" to alert a village to danger to malting grain for homemade ale, from the gruesome sport of bear-baiting to cuckolding and cross-dressing the madcap habits and revealing intimacies of life in the time of Shakespeare are vividly rendered.
FamilySearch.org is a free searchable genealogical resource sponsored by the Church of Latter Day Saints. In addition to having billions of searchable records, it also has a vast amount of educational information regarding genealogy. Join us as we explore this free family history treasure trove.
No registration is necessary.
There are no upcoming sessions available.
Attention Builders! It’s time for our LEGOs® in SPACE! Building Contest. Show us your most creative, outer space design. It could be a space ship, a space battle, an alien, or even a scene from a space themed book or movie. There are multiple divisions based on age: K-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th, 7th-8th, 9th-adult. Contestants may enter individually or as part as a team. Registration begins Wednesday, December 20, and the Contest will take place Wednesday, January 3. Entries must be dropped off on January 2 between 6:00-8:00 PM or on January 3 between 9:00 AM-12:00 PM. A public viewing will be held on Wednesday, January 3, 3:00-6:00 PM and an awards ceremony at 7:00 PM. Patrons will have the opportunity to cast their vote for a Popular Vote winner separately from age category winners that will be chosen by our judges.
- Use your own LEGO®, Duplo, Megablocks or other LEGO® compatible plastic bricks, motors and materials.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO® designed kit or a project found online, in a book, or in a magazine.
- Your creation may not be larger than 2’ x 2’ x 2’.
- Participants must register online (beginning December 20) to ensure a space for display. Please also fill out the paper entry form (downloadable from the CPL web site) and bring it with you when you drop off your entry.
- Each person may enter only once. You may enter as an individual OR as part of a team but not both. Entering as a team is a way for families and friends to build together. Team entries will be judged in the age category of the oldest team member.
- You must adhere to the following participation schedule (see below).
- Canton Public Library cannot assume responsibility of LEGO® creations while they are on display, though we will have someone monitoring the room at all times.
- Entries must be taken home by Wednesday, January 3, by 8:45 PM.
- Tuesday, January 2
- 6:00-8:00 PM: drop off entries
- Wednesday, January 3
- 9:00 AM-12:00 PM: drop off entries
- 12:00-3:00 PM: room closed for viewing set-up and judging
- 3:00-6:00 PM: public viewing and popular vote casting
- 6:00-7:00 PM: room closed for popular vote tallying and ceremony set-up
- 7:00-8:00 PM: awards ceremony
ABC Activity Time offers a safe and informal environment for caregivers to interact with their young children. Experience a variety of hands-on and imaginative play opportunities while building social and cooperative skills with other young children and caregivers. No registration required.