We're asking for your help to "Stuff the Truck" so bring diapers, any brand or size, baby through adult, to the library on November 17 and 18. Open packages, pull ups and swim diapers are all acceptable; if diapers are loose, please label with the size.
The Detroit Area Diaper Bank is a nonprofit charitable organization serving SE Michigan to meet the need for diapers at partner agencies working with people in crisis. Please help support those in need in our community with your donation.
This program is sponsored by the Target Early Childhood Reading Grant and the Friends of the Canton Public Library.
Gus, the pilgrim turkey by Teresa Bateman ; illustrated by Ellen Joy Sasaki
The Berenstain Bears' Thanksgiving by Stan & Jan Berenstain
An old-fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott ; illustrated by James Bernardin
Program Date: Saturday, November 6 at 10:00AM-10:30AM
Here's the question: On what date was the stars and stripes pattern adopted as the official flag and by whom?
If you'd like a quick walk-through of registering for programs, just watch the YouTube video above.
- Have a Canton Public Library card
- Click the link to the Program Calendar
- Find the date of the program you wish to attend. Often there are more programs than display by default — click "All" at the bottom of the day to see a full list
- When you have found the program you're interested in, hover over the icon graphic to see how many slots are available. If there are open seats, click the icon to proceed
- Clicking the icon will take you to a login screen if you are not already logged in. Enter your name and library card barcode, then press the submit button to log in
- Review the program information on the registration page. If all the information is correct, click 'Submit' to register
- If all has worked properly, you should reach a confirmation page with no on-screen warnings. If you do not reach a confirmation page or are shown an on-screen warning, please contact the library
- If you need to register more than one person (more than one library card), you must log out and re-do the process using the other card
Common ProblemsIf you get an on-screen warning, there could be several things blocking you from registering:
- You may be the wrong age for the program. Please check the age requirements and make sure that the library card you are using belongs to the appropriate child
- You may have already registered for another section of the program. Please check My Account to see if your card is already registered
- Your card may not be updated. Please visit the checkout desk, or call 734-397-0999 (option #3)
Waiting ListsWe do not maintain waiting lists for programs. However, extraordinarily popular programs tend to have sessions added as necessary. Also, there are some online cancelations, so diligence checking the page can often get you a spot.
Drop by the Canton Farmer's Market this Sunday, October 17th, for a special Halloween storytime put on by the Canton Public Library. Dress up in costume, enjoy a Halloween story, and make a Halloween craft. Two sessions, 11:00AM and 1:00PM
The Farmer's Market is located at Preservation Park (at the Bartlett-Travis House), 500 N. Ridge Road, Canton. See you there!
- Kits may be checked out for eight weeks, but can't be renewed
Monday, October 25 at 10:00-10:45AM
Wednesday, October 27 at 7:00-7:45PM
You may have noticed that there's been lots of talk in the library lately about CPL's 30th anniversary. There are only a very few people who've been a part of Canton Public Library as long as I have, so I thought I'd chime in with my own experiences here at CPL. You can find my story on the library's Flickr account. Yup! I'm a pretty tech savvy bear. In some of the pictures I look kind of funny because they were taken a long time ago. You'd better not laugh!