The complete book of home crafts: projects for adventurous beginners by edited by Carine Tracanelli
175 easy-to-do everyday crafts by edited by Sharon Dunn Umnik
The crafty diva's D.I.Y. stylebook: a grrrl's [sic] guide to cool creations you can make, show off, and share by Kathy Cano Murillo ; illustrated by Carrie Wheeler ; photography by John Samora
Scrapbooking made easy! by Jill A. Rinner
The joy of beading: more than 50 easy projects for jewelry, flowers, decor, accessories by Anna Borrelli ; translated by Rosanna M. Giammanco Frongia
Come celebrate Father's Day with your special Dad or Grandpa on Thursday, June 13 from 7:00-7:45pm. We will share some great "Dad" stories together, make a craft and enjoy some donuts. Designed for children ages 3-5. Take advantage of this opportunity to share together!
Children's Books on CD (formerly shelved in aisle #22) are now shelved with the Children's fiction books (aisles #15, #16, #17, #18). This will make it easier for patrons to find print books that are also available on CD so that they can follow along. It will also help kids to realize just how many wonderful, popular titles we have on CD.
It looks great thanks to a lot of work from our pages. Check it out!
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
Come back in the evening at 7:00 PM to hear the moving and amazing story of JoAnne Normile and how she started Canter, the racehorse rescue group, in Michigan. Normile's story is told through her book Saving Baby: How One Woman's Love for a Racehorse Led to Her Redemption. She will be available to sign copies of her starred Kirkus-reviewed book purchased at the event.
Parents, grandparents, and kids, 7-10, join us Saturday, July 20, 1:00-2:00 PM to make a beautiful family history charm bracelet. Design and decorate a unique charm for each member of your family out of Shrinky Dinks. Registration required.
Tuesday, June 25 from 7-8:30 PM
- Monday, June 24 from 1-1:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 24 from 10-10:30 AM
- Tuesday, August 6 from 1:00-1:30 PM
[Caterpillar by Rickydavid is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]
Monday, August 5, we will celebrate our final Movie Monday by with films about BEing CREATIVE. We will begin our day exploring the 2nd Dimension and end it with a look at London's most elusive and intriguing street artist.