Debate continues in the Legislature on whether to lift state caps on charter schools in high-performing districts. If passed, the proposal would allow expansion of charter schools giving parents more options for K-12 education. To learn more, you can read the article or check the performance rating for all the charter schools in Michigan.
The 2012 program will run from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
- You must be in third through twelfth grade
- If you are under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment, textbooks, calculators, and any other materials you need
- Monday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Wednesday from 6:00-8:00PM Plymouth District Library in the Teen Zone
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00PM Plymouth District Library in the Teen Zone
Program Date: Thursday, September 8 7:00-7:30 PM.
- September 13 — SCORE will help you build a web page
- September 20 — The Canton Chamber of Commerce will share the benefits of being a Chamber member
- September 27 — The experts from WSU's Tech Town will show you how to "Thrive in your neighborhood."
- October 4 — Our own professional staff will share the advantages of social media
- October 11 — Local journalist and Canton Patch editor, Peg McNichol will share how best to get your information into local media
Starting kindergarten is a major developmental milestone for children and their parents. During spring, many elementary schools host "Kindergarten Round-Up” sessions to help families prepare for this exciting event. Here are some picture books you and your child can read together that deal with the excitement, worries and routine of kindergarten.
Adventure Annie goes to kindergarten by Toni Buzzeo; illustrated by Amy Wummer
The pirate of kindergarten by George Ella Lyon; illustrated by Lynne Avril
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn; illustrations by Ruth E. Harper and Nancy M. Leak
Is your buffalo ready for kindergarten? by Audrey Vernick; illustrated by Daniel Jennewein
The night before kindergarten by Natasha Wing; illustrated by Julie Durrell
How do dinosaurs go to school? by Jane Yolen; illustrated by Mark Teague