Arts and Crafts
The title says it all - this book includes knitting instructions for 20 purses, each requiring just one skein of yarn. There are five patterns for each season, and styles including totes, satchels, coin purses, duffels, clutches, and more.
We're looking for some special people to become part of the library catalog. Are you a religious leader in the Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Jewish faiths? Are you a vegetarian, a policeman, an atheist, a gay/lesbian person, a U.S. military veteran, a rock recording artist, a published author or any other interesting or unusual person? If so, we want you.
The Canton Public Library is starting a Living Books program where patrons can check out "living books" (that would be YOU) for 30 minutes of face-to-face, one-on-one conversation. These interviews are intended to answer questions for the curious, satisfy special interests and beliefs and learn from others' experiences. With dialogue comes understanding - with understanding comes tolerance.
Your library would like to give back to you this summer! In honor of the Summer Reading theme, Be Creative @ Your Library, the Canton Public Library staff decided to make works of art for you to win. We've got quilters, knitters, woodworkers, photographers and many other creative people here. For a view of our craftsy items, check out our Flickr page.
- Red Sun Creations offers unique handmade jewelry
- MudPuddlesNPigtails offers accessories for girls
- Princess Fancy Pants offers custom and semi-custom invitations and save-the-dates
- Definitions offers clothing for women
- Fabulous Chic offers jewelry and accessories
- Glazed and Amused Pottery offers fun and functional pottery
- Deborah Flanagan Jewelry offers jewelry made from silver wire
- Crafts for a Cure offers coasters
- Rabid Designs offers hand-crafted items
- Baby Bits offers clothing and accessories for little ones
- Rose Chic Friends offers hand-painted, hand-crafted and hand-sewn items
- Stylin Doggies offers accessories for your favorite pampered pooch
Friday, May 15th and Saturday May 16th, 2009 from 10am - 6 pm
You can be a writer and compose amazing stories, too. Check out Gail Carson Levine's helpful book, Writing Magic: Creating Stories That Fly and Stories by Celia Warren to find help with grammar, developing a plot, character development and much more. Happy writing!