Week 1 Question: Which building is now located where Julien’s Corner Market and Gas Station used to be (torn down in 1997)? Hint: It was located on Canton Center Road.
- A new question will be posted every week
- Use the Canton Township reference books, at the Main Adult Help Desk, for clues
- Submit your answer, along with your contact information, at the Main Adult Help Desk
- Those participants who get all of the answers correct will be placed in a drawing for a prize!
[Cat Studying by flickr user raider of gin is used under a CC BY 2.0 license]
Movie Challenge 1: watch two (or more) movies/tv shows involving… Robin Hood. There have been a gazillion remakes. Make a comment to this post ranking what you watched to earn a secret badge besides your Curtains Up (see comment example below).
The story of Robin Hood [videodisc] by Walt Disney
Robin Hood [videodisc]: men in tights by Twentieth Century Fox ; a Brooksfilms production ; in association with Gaumont
The adventures of Robin Hood [videodisc] by a First National picture
Wishbone [videodisc]: Paw prints of thieves by written by Adam Felber ; produced by Betty Buckley ; directed by Ben Vaughn
Get Hands On this summer with different styles of jewelry making. These books will help you get started making fun and pretty necklaces, bracelets, and more.
Jewelry making for fun! by Robin Koontz
Jazzy jewelry by Dawn Brend ... [et al.]
Junk drawer jewelry by written by Rachel Di Salle and Ellen Warwick; illustrated by Jane Kurisu
Earn your badge by putting on a comedy performance. Read a joke book and then tell some jokes to your family or friends.
Places to Speak
- Canton Communicators Toastmasters club — Toastmasters is a great way to hone your speaking
- Speech classes at Wayne County Community College
- Spotlight Players — acting at the Village Theater
Books on Speaking
Speaking your way to success by Sheryl Lindsell-Roberts
The mechanism for how a hot tub can become a time machine isn't well-explained. However, if you acquire a hot tub and the chronological mechanism never works, at least you have a hot tub, right? For further instructions view:
- Entries must be submitted by students entering 5th–12th grade. Winners will be chosen in three divisions: 5th-6th, 7th-9th, and 10th-12th
- Three additional winners will be chosen for drawings that best represent the theme of our Connect Your Summer Badges.
- Walk for 30 minutes, 5x a week
- Quit drinking soda for (at least) one month
- Find and join a local martial arts group and attend at least 3 meetings
[inspire by Kassy.Miller is licensed under CC BY-A 2.0]
Share your favorite recipes, or discover new ones.
Bring in several copies of your favorite recipe (printed out on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper and paper clipped together) to put in the Recipe Exchange kiosk located by the Reception Desk and earn your Chow Down badge. Look at the recipes others have left, and take home a new recipe or two.
If you prefer to share your recipe online, simply add the recipe in a comment to this blog post.