Get FREE access to online classes and meetups courtesy of the MDHHS Aging and Adult Services Agency. The state agency has teamed up with a website called GetSetUp to help you safely and securely learn new skills and interact with peers over the internet. GetSetUp offers live meetings with older adults from near and far. You can learn things like how to use ZOOM for a family gathering or videochat with other folks about local sports or crafting.
Follow these steps to join the service:
- Make sure you have an email address as well as a camera and microphone on your computer. You can also use a smartphone or a tablet.
- Go to the website getsetup.io/michigan. You should see the MDHHS logo in the right-hand corner.
- Start browsing the classes and meetups. Click the blue "Register Now" button to sign up for a session. You can just sign up for individual sessions or you can create an account to track your activity. You can also sign up to get emails about upcoming classes.
- The majority of classes are free. If you see a class that has a fee, you can enter the coupon code MICHIGANHEALTH to waive the fee for most classes.
- We recommend you start out with the "New Member Orientation" at this web address: getsetup.io/details/new-member-orientation
If you have any questions, there is an email address and toll-free phone number at the top of the GetSetUp webpage. Please take advantage of this fun and innovative service.