March 21, 2019 | agudenburr
The challenge for the builders this month was to create the ultimate superhero or super villain hideout!
- Genghis Khan was made by two young ladies that wanted to make a villain hideout.
- I'm Watching You was made by Alexandria. This villain hideout captures people and has a siren alarm for anyone who tries to escape or come in.
- Sharigan was made by Saif and Ali. This villain hideout has cars, a flag, and guards.
- Superhero Base was made by Fatima. This hero hideout included instruments, four people, and a flag.
- Villain Base was made by Khalid. This hideout had several moving traps, an airplane, and car.
- Dragonfly was also made by Fatima. This hideout had a roof, flags, and a guard.
- The Breeeze was made by Courtney. This villain hideout had an elephant trunk, a watering can for the villains plants, a satellite dish for an umbrella, and a pet spider.
- Villain Boat was created by Khole. This villain hideout had a portal and an event-able excite-a-boat.
- Something was created by Teja. It is so secret, that we only know it does.....something!
- Hero Base was created by David. This hideout includes an archer, a launcher, guards with swords, gold, and a boss.
- DC Villain Hideout was created by Kavin. This hideout has a flag, an eye that scans everyone who enters, a lava pool that you have to wear a red mask so you can swim in, a secret watch parrot, and an octopus for a pet.
September 6, 2018 | agudenburr
For this month, Lego engineers were challenged to build a trap for Newt Scamander to catch a Fantastic Beast! The requirements were;
- Lure: how will you attract the beast to go into the trap?
- Capture: how does your trap contain the beast without hurting it?
- Calm: how does your trap calm the beast so it can travel safely?
July 31, 2018 | agudenburr
July's Open Lego Build challenge was to build the ideal Summer Getaway Vehicle. Lego engineers had to solve the following problems:
- How does your vehicle get around?
- What kinds of entertainment does your vehicle have?
- Is there food and drink on your vehicle? If so, what kind(s)?
- Where will your Summer Getaway Vehicle take you?
Hover your mouse over each picture to get information about the Lego Engineer, the title of their creation, and information about their creation.
March 27, 2018 | agudenburr
The challenge for this Lego build was to create a spaceship that solved the following problems.
- How does your spaceship move?
- What type of power does your spaceship use?
- How does your spaceship keep you safe in space?
- How does your spaceship safely land?
November 23, 2014 | strande
Coming Soon: Our annual Lego Building Contest in January.
You bring your imagination, we'll supply the Legos. Keep in mind that you won't be able to take your creations home.
May 26, 2012 | madame librarian
San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge turns 75 on May 27. On that day in 1937 over 200,000 people crossed the bridge on foot and roller skates. The bridge links the City of San Francisco with Marin County. Singer Tony Bennett immortalized the Golden Gate Bridge in the song "(I Left My Heart) In San Francisco". Construction on the bridge began on January 5, 1933 and ultimately cost $35million. Take a virtual walk across the bridge, read about the history of this world famous bridge, or watch the Golden Gate Bridge being constructed.
Golden Gate Bridge [videodisc] by a Ben Loeterman Productions, Inc. film
The bridge [videodisc] by executive producers Alison Palmer Bourke & Evan Shapiro; produced and directed by Eric Steel
The Golden Gate Bridge by James Barter