Rin Tin Tin by Susan Orlean tells the powerful tale of Rin Tin Tin's journey from an orphaned pup to a Hollywood celebrity and international icon. It begins on a battlefield in France in World War I, when a young American soldier discovers a German Shepherd puppy among the ruins of a bombed out dog kennel. Not only did he see a survivor, but something very special that also captured the attention of Warner Brothers in Hollywood. The rest is Hollywood history, but if you want to know more, come join our group for an interesting discussion!
Get a personalized introduction to the world of computers and technology. We'll talk about what a computer is and how it works, and how to tell it to do what you want. We'll start with the very basics, such as turning it on and using the mouse, and prepare you for more advanced uses such as word processing and Internet browsing. No experience required!
Registration is required! There are limited appointments available from 1-3pm on August 19th - August 21st in the I-Lab. To register, please visit the Canton Leisure Services Seniors Program, located in the Parkview Room of Summit on the Park or call 734-394-5485.
[Birdhouses in Hongdae by Adam_Inglis is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0]
- The Gratitude Steel Band
- In-a-Booth Photography photobooth
- Kona Ice truck
- Winks and Lotsa Dots, the clowns with balloon animals
- D&M Art Studio students doing face painting
- Carousel Acres live farm animals
- Canton Leisure Services bouncy house
- Hugh Irwin, the kilted magician
- University of Michigan Museum of Natural History activity table and more.
- A Jedi, Tuskan Raider, Stormtrooper and more from the 501st Great Lakes Garrison and Rebel Legion Great Lakes Base will be roaming about to keep the peace and for possible photo ops.
- Cruisin' Custom Coneys by Gary Marks
We promise an afternoon of fun, food, games and prizes for all ages in our big back yard on Saturday, August 17 from 11:00 to 1:00 PM. Join us!!!
Prerequisites: Basic Internet skills and either an email address or a Facebook or Twitter account (required for participation-attendees without these accounts will still be able to observe).
Canton Seniors Book Group meets on Thursday, July 25 at 2:00-3:00 PM in Canton Public Library's Group Study Room A. We will be discussing Pat Conroy's South of Broad. Copies of the book are distributed at the meeting or request a copy at the Adult Help Desk. No registration required.
South of Broad: a novel by Pat Conroy
This one is for all the guys who love to barbeque and the women who love to watch! You can also earn your Chow Down badge.