Bestsellers — Hardcover Fiction
New York Times Bestsellers for the week of 2014-03-23, linked to Canton Public Library's Catalog.
- Words of radiance by Brandon Sanderson
The second book of the Stormlight Archive fantasy epic, set in the world of Roshar.
- The bootlegger by Clive Cussler and Justin Scott
The early-20th-century detective Isaac Bell tracks a wide-ranging international criminal enterprise.
- The goldfinch by Donna Tartt
A painting smuggled out of the Metropolitan Museum of Art after a bombing becomes a boy’s prize, guilt and burden.
- The invention of wings by Sue Monk Kidd
The relationship between a wealthy Charleston girl, Sarah Grimké, who will grow up to become a prominent abolitionist, and the slave she is given for her 11th birthday.
- Private l.a. by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan
Jack Morgan and Justine Smith search for a celebrity couple who disappear from their luxurious ranch.
- The chase by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
Nicolas Fox (a handsome con man) and Kate O’Hare (an F.B.I. agent) team up to steal back a Chinese artifact taken from the Smithsonian.
- Bone deep by Randy Wayne White
Doc Ford and his friend Tomlinson search for stolen Indian relics.
- Concealed in death by J D Robb
Lt. Eve Dallas is on the case when the demolition of a building that once sheltered troubled teenagers reveals skeletons hidden in the walls; by Nora Roberts, writing pseudonymously.
- Still life with bread crumbs by Anna Quindlen
An aging photographer rents a rural cottage and discovers sparks of creativity and desire.
- Sycamore row by John Grisham
A sequel, about race and inheritance, to “A Time to Kill.”
- The undead pool by Kim Harrison
The witch Rachel Morgan must prevent all-out supernatural war; the 12th book in the Hollows series.
- One more thing by B J Novak
Humorous stories from the writer and actor (“The Office”).
- The fall of the governor, part 2 by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga
The fourth Walking Dead zombie novel, set in the world of the comic book and TV series of the same name.
- The martian by Andy Weir
Abandoned by his crew, an astronaut embarks on a dogged quest to stay alive.
- The husband's secret by Liane Moriarty
A woman’s life is upended when she discovers a letter she was not meant to read.
- Killer by Jonathan Kellerman
The psychologist and police consultant Alex Delaware becomes embroiled in a murderous child custody dispute.
- Gone girl by Gillian Flynn
A woman disappears on her fifth anniversary; is her husband a killer?
- The museum of extraordinary things by Alice Hoffman
A romance featuring the daughter of the owner of a Coney Island freak show and an immigrant photographer in early-20th-century New York.
- The first phone call from heaven by Mitch Albom
A small Michigan town is transformed when its residents receive phone calls said to be from heaven.
- Redeployment by Phil Klay