Catalog

Search our Catalog
4 replies [Last post]
Librarian Hokage
Administrator
Librarian Hokage's picture

Alright, name a manga or anime you've read or seen that's awesome that you don't think too many people know about, but should. Have you got your own hidden gem you've discovered? Maybe there's something you wish they would release in the U.S. and they haven't yet. Here's your chance to speak your mind.
lots of talking

Personally I'm really curious about Kobato, the new series by CLAMP. The manga's coming out this spring state side, but who knows when the anime will get here. I think it just aired in Japan a little bit ago. I've read really good things about it though, so I really want to read/see it. I tend to like CLAMP though, I admit, so I'm biased.

neko
Contributor
neko's picture

CLAMP is good nerd-kun
the only CLAMP manga i think ive read though is chobits and part of tsubasa (i really gotta read more tsubasa) but they are really good. XXX holic is another CLAMP book ive heard so many good things about.

hmmm, unfortuantly im not up to date with my friends and their current animes/manga, (but they dont seem to get on here anymore!) anywho, kitsune has been really into pandora hearts recently. i havent read/watched it yet but i really want too, its alice in wonderland themed but then again it is so much better. the manga is in the US but im not sure about the anime.

also there is kuroshitsuji aka black butler. this isnt that unknown but still its extremely good. i regret not watching more of it. i think the manga is in america but im not completely sure...i just saw a advertisment in borders with sebastian on it.

ummm what else is there....
oh there is this one great anime called bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan, the title is literally Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan, it is fantastic XDDD
its hella funny but i dont know if it has a manga and it sure as hell isnt out in america. its pretty short =/

and theres others....i can probably get a lot of good titles from lee. ...cept he watches a lot of lolicon....anyone into lolicon i can hook you up XDDD

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

"oh there is this one great anime called bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan, the title is literally Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan, it is fantastic XDDD
its hella funny but i dont know if it has a manga and it sure as hell isnt out in america. its pretty short =/"

Strange, this is my least favorite series. I personally didn't find it that funny. Anyway, the anime is in fact out in America. Both seasons were released in one two-disc DVD pack. It's selling really cheap, my friend bought it for $16.00.

_______

Now, as for obscure manga, I read a lot of it. Unfortunately, I've learned that just because something is obscure doesn't mean it's good. But there are a few series that I think are real gems. The first is Tegami Bachi. Unfortunately, Viz has been releasing the manga rather slowly. I also recommend +Anima. The manga has been released in full by Tokyopop. Kobato's actually really good but it isn't as serious as many of the other CLAMP series.

neko
Contributor
neko's picture

seriously...? where?! Laughing out loud thats awesome, i have to go get it XDD
well to each their own bored i think its awesome so im going to watch it. it was just a suggestion to anyone who might like it or wacth it to see what its like.

+anima was really good too. i only read the first 2 books unfortuantly. eventually ill catch up on all my manga... if only
pandora hearts is kick ass too. kitsune has gotten so obsessed over it ^_^ cool dance

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

You can probably buy it off of Amazon or RightStuf. I don't think Best Buy has it anymore.

Actually, if you're looking for obscure but interesting titles I suggest checking out all of Yen Press's inventory. They license some really good unknown titles. Some of them might also make a good edition to the library *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*