Catalog

Search our Catalog

Canton Township to Honor Humane Society of Huron Valley in Celebration of National Shelter Appreciation Week

1 reply [Last post]
ISalinas
Participant
ISalinas's picture

Humane Society of Huron Valley Logo
IT'S TONIGHT!! Canton Township will be recognizing the Humane Society of Huron Valley (HSHV) in conjunction with a proclamation to celebrate “National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week”, November 1-7, 2009. HSHV will be given the award on Tuesday, October 27th during the regularly scheduled township meeting at 7:00 pm. Guests and HSHV supporters are welcome to attend.

The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) sponsors National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week each year. This popular event seeks to recognize the indispensable role that animal shelters play in maintaining the safety and health of a community for all its residents. National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week is officially recognized the first full week of November each year, starting on the first Sunday of the month.

“We are honored that Canton is celebrating this event and HSHV in particular,” said Tanya Hilgendorf, HSHV Executive Director. “Animal shelters serve their communities in many ways, perhaps most importantly: animal shelters provide a tangible example of humane ethics and compassion for all living creatures. Canton Township is filled with many wonderful animal lovers and we are glad to be their community animal shelter where homeless, lost and abused animals are taken.”

To support HSHV, your local animal shelter, there are many things you can do:
* Offer a donation of needed food (visit www.hshv.org to see our Wish List)
Drop Stations available Nov. 1-7 at these locations:
• Pet Supplies Plus - 43665 Ford Rd, Canton
• The Summit – 46000 Summit Parkway, Canton
* Spread the word about the importance of responsible pet ownership, including spaying and neutering
* Volunteer your time (new volunteer orientations will begin in December 2009)
* Report animal cruelty and neglect
* Adopt your next pet from HSHV; we have plenty of animals just waiting for a home like yours

The Humane Society of Huron Valley (HSHV) is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving all of Washtenaw County, Canton and Plymouth, and relies solely on donations from businesses and individuals to support our community programs. The mission of HSHV is to promote responsible and compassionate care of all animals in our community. For more information, call (734) 662-5585 or visit www.hshv.org.

kpolich912
Participant
kpolich912's picture

Thank you for supporting the humane sociaty. they do their best to help save animals from very ignorant people who abandon them. i feel strongly about the humane sociaty, because that is where I happen to have gotten my dog, Sheldon. I give my thanks to the humane sociaty, and I really hope others do too.