Catalog

Search our Catalog
2 replies [Last post]
CBC
Participant

Just read an article about this place Arborweb - Sailing to Canton and it sounds very promising to me... Spanish Tapas can be wonderful, there used to be a family-run Tapa place in a converted fire station on Michigan Ave in Detroit that was great, the one in Royal Oak is a weak imitation.

gladdenk
Participant
gladdenk's picture

I've been there once or twice (pre-liquor license). The food was good, but a tad expensive, especially if you go with a group that won't share and you have to buy all your own "small plates!" Smile

CBC
Participant

My wife and I went a few days ago... worth trying again, better than the place in Royal Oak, but not as good as I was hoping. The best thing we had was the Tres Leches cake, surprisingly good, much better than it looks, very rich & flavorful. Second best was the Mesón Especial, the squid and scallops were quite good, although the chorizo seemed a bit overdone and something tasted a bit off in the sauce on my first bite. We didn't get sick, and it grew on me. The croquettes were tasteless. The salad with hearts of palm and manchego was almost great... the problem was that the exotic ingredients were mixed with a kind of blah iceberg lettuce, not a european salad at all. We'll try different things next time, do want to sample their paella.

What a shame, sharing this kind of food as a social thing is half the point of going!