Catalog

Search our Catalog
11 replies [Last post]
lubibul
Participant
lubibul's picture

Not sure if this is a really random topic or not since it is related to anime/manga anyways. Tongue

Is anybody cosplaying this year? Does anyone have any plans to cosplay in the future? Is anybody too broke to cosplay? Are there any conventions that anybody wants to go to or are going to?

Tell everything about it here! Laughing out loud

Also, if anybody needs help on a cosplay they're working on, post your question here and we'll try to help you out.

Personally, I already have a list of people I want to cosplay. The first cosplay I ever did was Yuffie from FFVII: Advent Children. Right now I'm working on Vivi, the Kingdom Hearts II version.

I'd post my entire planning list here, but it's WAY too long, so I'll just put some notable ones:

- Edward Elric (FMA)
- Kagamine Len (Vocaloids)
- Haruhi Suzumiya (MHS)
- Hunni (OHSHC)
- Maka Albarn (Soul Eater)
- Patti Thompson (Soul Eater)
- Rikku (FFX-2)
- Roxas (KHII)
- Ryoma Echizen (Prince of Tennis)
- pre!Simon (TTGL)

I have groups for most of these, but the problem is I have no idea when I'm going to do any of them! Well, anyways - Your opinions and discussion on cosplay!

JDeko
Contributor
JDeko's picture

i really want to do a male version of Kitty Cat Waitress Rita from Tales of Vesperia, i love both her at that outfit, so i really have to do it! i only wish i knew how to make/acquire her blastia [the gold and jewel thing on her neck] so that i can complete the cosplay.

i also plan to do Kira from Gundam SEED Destiny, though that is kinda obvious, as well as Lockon [Neil Dylandy] from 00. Neko wants to do a D. Grayman thing so i think i'll be General Cross, as well as me getting an ANBU costume to do another matching thing with her.

i think that's enough to take on for now.

JDeko
Contributor
JDeko's picture

what month is the cosplay meeting at animanga?

Librarian Hokage
Administrator
Librarian Hokage's picture

Our cosplay Contest meeting will be Nov. or Dec. (probably Nov.)...still figuring out dates...Youmacon will fall before it, so people who make costumes for that can bring them to animanga to show off too if they want.

JDeko
Contributor
JDeko's picture

cool, that'll give me plenty of time to finish a good costume! -^_^-

Infoseeker
Participant
Infoseeker's picture

Any suggestions for a person who's never cosplayed before? (and doesn't have a sewing machine; but kinda can hand sew).
(male preferences; xD)

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

Cosplaying the same as last yeay: Osaka from AzuDai and Primela from Shuffle! Of course, I have a new silver wig that about goes to the back of my knees.

And my family/friends and I are currently making plans to go to next year's Otakon. I'm going to Youmacon, too, of course.

lubibul
Participant
lubibul's picture

ooho Otakon sounds fun!! Sadly, I can't go to any cons this year, but I'll be at JAFAX as Simon [TTGL] in 2010! I'm going with some friends who're gonna be Yoko and Kamina, so that'll be AWESOME!

@infoseeker: I can't really think of anything for first time cosplays handsewn... ^^; You could try a Death Note cosplay since you could just buy the shirt and jeans for L or the suit for Light (though that'd probably be more expensive). Heck, you could even do a Misa cosplay without sewing anything! Not sure if you're into Death Note, though. But that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

If you guys have any pictures, you should totally post them! I have a few of my Vivi cosplay, so I'll post those in a second post right here. Laughing out loud

lubibul
Participant
lubibul's picture

Here are just some pictures I have of my Vivi cosplay~ And that's Seifer next to me. She's my friend, Brenda. I think she was either RavenInTheSky on the old forums or China... I can't remember...

Picture 1

Picture 2

If you guys have pictures, totally post em!

Bunny Maestro
Participant

*hugs Lulu* How'd you get started on making you first cosplay? O:

Thirtysixway
Participant

Youmacon is coming up, I have some friends that are going.

I went to Jafax back in June which was fun. I didn't cosplay though.

Bandmaster57
Participant

I'm going to youmacon! Laughing out loud Not sure who I am cosplaying as yet though.