Participant
bamfcrawler's picture

Who else wants Sailor Moon at the library?! COME ON!! SPEAK UP!! PLEASEE!! Sad(

Librarian Hokage
Administrator
Librarian Hokage's picture

We do have some Sailor Moon: Sailor Moon
Smile
I can look at the possibility of getting some more though if people would like. Thanks for the suggestion!

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

But aren't the old manga volumes really hard to get? I would love it if we got them, though.

Librarian Hokage
Administrator

Yeah, the Sailor Moon manga is out of print, so it's a little harder to find. We have some of the anime; that's a little easier to get.

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

But how much of the anime? If I'm in a retro mood, can I get disc one?

Again, though, it would be great if some kind soul could donate the manga.

Librarian Hokage
Administrator

This is the sailor moon anime we have: Sailor moon
It's mostly vhs with a few (4) dvds. It is incomplete by a large margin, and I don't think we have the first episode/disc either. Sadly, I've checked and it looks the dvds are going to be hard for us to get right now too as they've been discontinued by the manufacturer...Sad Still, Sailor Moon is an awesome series; It's sad to see it go out of print. Someone else might pick it up and redistribute it in the future, so I'll keep my eyes open.

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

The library has anime VHS tapes? Where?

Librarian Hokage
Administrator

The youth area. A few in non-fiction. That's about it. Not too many.

JDeko
Contributor
JDeko's picture

are you ever going to get more books of GTO, Hibiki's Magic, Rose Hip Zero, or any of the other manga series that the library doesn't seem to have the whole collection of?

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

Hibiki's Magic stopped at volume two, there is no more. Or, there might be in Japan but I'm pretty sure it was disontinued here.

JDeko
Contributor
JDeko's picture

aw man, that sucks! i really liked that series...

Librarian Hokage
Administrator

Genten is right about Hibiki's magic. There was originally supposed to be a third volume published in the U.S., but for some reason it never happened. Rose Hip Zero Vol. 4 and 5 are on their way to the library (finally) and hopefully should be here soon. Right now, however, we aren't getting more GTO, at least not yet. It hasn't circulated quite enough for us to get more. We'll keep an eye on it though. For now, people looking for later volumes will have to inter-library loan them and we'll get it for you that way. Sometimes that happens, even with really good series; we can't get everything, so sometimes we have to leave it to inter-loan for some cool stuff that might be just below the general populaces' radar.

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

Too bad I can't get Inter-library loans...

Oh well, at least you have most of the Reborn! volumes.