Catalog

Search our Catalog

How do I get started?

15 replies [Last post]
Librarian Hokage
Administrator
Librarian Hokage's picture

Welcome to the new forum! A lot is still under construction right now...Please play around and let us know what needs improving or fixing. Our old forum is here: www.cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com if you want to view it.

Smile
Getting started:
You can use your CPL website username you have now, or you can create a whole new one. You can really have as many usernames as you want (only one though can be attached to your library card number to place holds, etc). Just go under "My Account".

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

Can't believe I finally found this place. The link kept redirecting me. Really tiring.

So, when do we get our anime posts sections?

(First poster, yay!)

Librarian Hokage
Administrator

"So when do we get our anime posts sections?"

What do you mean Genten?

Yoshi
Participant
Yoshi's picture

im sorry to say it nerd-kun but this site kinda sucks at the moment. Tongue

did you guys have to degrade your servers or something, the old ste was soooo much better. but ah well its free right XD and im sure well all get used to it

Librarian Hokage
Administrator

Yeah, I know it's not so pretty right now. Improvements are coming. We just wanted to get it up and running as soon as possible to get feedback and test things out. Let us know what works and what doesn't as we go along.

Water Fall
Participant

Heh, Yoshi, just give it some time.
At least the site is integrated into the Library. As long as we've got the essentials, it's great for now ^_^

Thumbs up to Hokage for getting everything nice and smooth Smile

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

What I meant was that we only had two or so sections, so I was wondering if we were going to get our anime section back?

(Forgive me if I said something stupid, just got back from Anime North and am so tired right now.

Librarian Hokage
Administrator

You didn't say anything Stupid Genten, it just took me a little bit to figure out what you meant Wink (It looks like you figured it out though since I see some of your posts elsewhere). We do have more than two sections on here, including a place to talk about anime. It does get a little confusing with the navigation though. If you accidently click on one of the subforum headers (like "web forum" or "other stuff") it'll just bring up that part of the main forum page and nothing else, like the 2 topics for 'web forum' but not the rest. If you do that and you don't see the whole forum, we have little links at the top to take you back, just click on one of those.
Laughing out loud
By the way, it actually took a me a little to find the links at the top, but these are super handy to move around the forum. If you find that you are having to do a lot of clicking the back button, etc., try using these.

Genten
Contributor
Genten's picture

Aha, yeah I noticed those about two minutes after I posted that. I blame exhaustion.

JDeko
Contributor
JDeko's picture

um, i'm just wondering, how do i get to my private messaging box thingy, or rather if someone PM'd me how would i know and how would i read it?

i really hope this site gets jazzed up nice soon, cuz this is definitely a huge step down from the old one.

Librarian Hokage
Administrator

The pm icon right now is the little envelope under people's name / avatar. It's hard to see I know. If you get a PM it'll show up right when you log into your account in a big yellow box if I remember right. You'll see what I mean if you try it out. If someone pm's you you won't miss it.

lubibul
Participant
lubibul's picture

A quick question - How do I change my avatar? I don't have a picture there and I feel so... empty! nah, just kidding, but seriously - how do I get a picture there?

I can't seem to find the personal preferences or settings, etc. button that's usually on forums.

Librarian Hokage
Administrator

Just under your name when you log in you'll see some small tabs at the top. One of those says edit. If you click on that you'll see the spot where you can upload an avatar/picture.

lubibul
Participant
lubibul's picture

Thanks so much! Smile

freshmanalona
Participant

wait im confused is this only a anime blog thingy?

Librarian Hokage
Administrator

This one is mostly -loosely- about anime related stuff. We have some other forums on different topics here and we are looking for suggestions for other forums to start. So, if you think you might have a good idea for one that might be fun let us know. We are kind of just in the process of getting this off the ground, so any feedback we can get is appreciated.