June 15, 2020 | Alyssa Y
Yoga offers a range of healthy benefits, including stress reduction, flexibility, and strength building through bodyweight exercises. Hoopla has dozens of on-demand titles that you can access at any time with your library card. Try doing some yoga at home with these options:
- My Yoga: Who Needs Coffee - This short and energizing practice from Tara Lee is guaranteed to kick a coffee craving any day! This practice is a dynamic flow that will work out all the kinks in your body and leave you feeling great.
- Yoga for Runners - Yoga instructor Matt Giordano leverages his experience as a runner, knowledge of biomechanics, and integrative mind and body techniques in a runner's yoga series created to elevate performance and provide balance to the sport's high-impact intensity.
- Daily Yoga for Beginners with Two Fit Moms - Meet Laura Kasperzak and Masumi Goldman, the Two Fit Moms - yoga instructors, wellness advocates and Instagram sensations. They've designed four beginner yoga practices you can do daily that will help improve flexibility, reduce stress and boost energy levels.
- Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea - Yoga instructor Shiva Rea addresses the changing needs of pregnancy with safe, effective stretches and easily modified exercises for each trimester. Focused on helping you feel comfortable, relaxed, and fit during pregnancy, this workout will increase your energy and stamina and build strength, flexibility, and balance.
- Yoga for Weightloss - Acclaimed yoga instructor Colleen Saidman creates three results-oriented routines. These energizing practices will burn calories and increase strength, flexibility, balance and focus -- all keys to maintaining a healthy body and mind.
You can even try yoga with your kids!
- Storyland Yoga - The winner of four national awards, Storyland Yoga is a fun-filled adventure that teaches kids yoga poses while also incorporating eco-conscious messages. In "Save the Whale" and "Condor Trek," kids will engage in a story where they learn yoga by imitating animals. Equally fun for parents and family members, this video is the perfect way to spend time with kids!
- Yoga for Kids: Dino-Mite Adventure - Travel back in time to when dinosaurs roamed the Earth! Kids' yoga instructor Jodi Komitor leads three fun-filled, dino-mite yoga practices for kids ages 5 and up. These interactive yoga sessions are fun and educational and will have imaginations soaring and little bodies moving!
- Shiva Rea Mama & Baby Yoga - Every new mother experiences it-the desire to get back into shape with seemingly no time to do it. Renowned yoga instructor Shiva Rea introduces a solution: four yoga practices to tone your body while allowing you to involve and bond with your baby at the same time. Ideal for women with infants up to six months old.
- Goodnight Yoga - For parents and caregivers looking for a fun and effective new routine for bedtime, innovative educator Mariam Gates presents Good Night Yoga, a playful yet wholly practical book for preparing for sleep. This beautifully illustrated, full-color book tells the story of the natural world as it closes down for the night, while teaching children a simple flow of yoga postures inspired by their favorite characters from nature.