May 17, 2021 | Alyssa Y
Cooking can be fun for the whole family when you learn how to play with your food! Connect in the kitchen by making something sweet or trying an edible experiment. These projects work for all ages and are guaranteed to bring smiles to your plates. To set the mood, check out this special food-themed playlist on Spotify!
Fun At Home
- With just a few sweets like Fruit by the Foot and Rice Krispies Treats, you can make candy sushi at home!
- Learn how to make edible slime with this list of 14 recipes from Abrazo and Coze.
- Get inspired by amazing food art! Red Hong Yi makes art using everyday items, including foods like tea leaves, beans, and seeds. Artist Jason Mecier makes portraits using candy, cereal, and more! What art can you make out of food?
- These edible science experiments from We Are Teachers prove that science can be fun and delicious.
- You can cook a whole meal with just a coffee mug! Try making pizza in a mug and delicious chocolate cake for dessert.
- See what you can build using only food. Graham crackers, frosting, and candy can be the building blocks to start you off!
- Patience pays off when you make rock candy at home! This delicious treat is a perfect kitchen science experiment.
- Try a brand new recipe featured in a cookbook. We've collected both physical and ebook picks!
- Use Your library card to access AtoZ World Food. Learn about food culture, national cuisines and ingredients, and save recipes in an interactive digital cookbook.
- Music can set the stage for a fantastic meal. If you're trying out a dish from another country, check out these world music picks from hoopla!
CPL Programs and Grab & Go kits
- Sweet & Savory Test Kitchen for adults on July 12
- Pizza Parlor Craft Grab & Go for ages 18-35 months on July 20
- Garden to Table: Edible Sprouts on July 20
- Pickling Pickles with Patton for adults on August 4
Head back to the 62 Days of Summer home page for more ways to participate in the summer program!