June 15, 2020 | taramscott
It's easy to forget that sometimes the most rewarding thing we can do is to help someone else. It only takes a moment -a kind word or gesture- to brighten someone's day. That's it! Need inspiration? Try one of these ideas:
Write someone a letter, send them an email or text, or give them a phone call and...
- Tell them a joke to cheer them up
- Let them know why you are thankful for them
- Tell someone you haven’t talked to in a while that you’re still thinking about them
- Send them an inspiring quote
For extra inspiration, visit the Send a Postcard square.
Be a Good Neighbor
Do something nice for someone in your community they'll never see coming...
- Send someone a gift/meal or drop it off on their porch.
- Leave a snack or note for the mail carrier or delivery person
- Mow the lawn for your neighbors or water their flowers
- Leave a kindness rock for someone to find, or stop by the Make a Friendship Bracelet square to create an individualized gift for someone you care about.
- Smile and wave
Love Your Family
It's easy to take those we see every day for granted. Surprise them and...
- Help with a household chore
- Give someone in your household a compliment
- Make someone in your household breakfast in bed
- Say thank you
More Ideas and Resources
- Remember to be kind to yourself, too! Visit the Mindfulness or Move Your Body squares for some ideas.
- Random Acts of Kindness Ideas
"101 Best Random Acts of Kindness Ideas" from the Natural Beach Living blog
- 50 Kindness Ideas for Random Acts of Kindness Day
Make any day Random Acts of Kindness day with these 50 ideas from the Random Acts of Kindness foundation.
- Search opportunities on Volunteering in Michigan (Including Covid-19 Response) through VolunteerMichigan.
- Visit the Michigan.gov Coronavirus Volunteer page to learn more about how you can help.
- Find out ways to Help Our Community During COVID-19 through the United Way for Southeastern Michigan
- Movies to Inspire Kindness
- Children's Books about Kindness
- Books on Kindness for Adults
- Exploring Empathy
- Books about Kindness for Teens and Tweens