May 17, 2021 | obrienbc
Physical fitness can help you sleep, feel, think and manage your weight loss better. It can also energize your mind and body. Just a quick walk around the block can rejuvenate your body and mind. Get moving and inspired with these books, DVDs, e-media and other digital resources.
Making exercise part of your family's weekly, if not daily, routine is easy with the amount of choices we offer in books, DVDs and games.
Get Moving with Video Games - Teens and Adults
Hustle and Hum with Hoopla!
YouTube workout channels offer free videos in a huge variety, ranging from aerobics, HIIT workouts, Pilates to yoga and low-impact walking.
- POPSUGAR Fitness - offers free access to over 500 workout videos across all skill levels for cardio, dance, yoga, HIIT workouts, etc. lead by celebritty fitness and training experts.
- Blogilates - is very popular and just celebrated it's tenth year on YouTube channel. It is hosted by certified fitness expert Cassey Ho leading viewers in various Pilate workouts.
- Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone - experienced fitness trainer Sansone and her team lead a variety of workout exercises with walking as the main focus. No treadmill needed!
- FitnessBlender - husband and wife team, Daniel and Kelli run this channel. Their specialty is quick and effective workouts ranging in time from 5 to 45 minutes.
- Yoga with Adrienne - another popular channel offering yoga sessions for beginners, weight loss, meditation, target areas and more.
- KidzBop - videos incorporate movement and music for a daily dance party.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - yoga, mindfulness and relaxation videos designed for children 3 and up.
- Get Kids Moving - fun themed workouts where kids can train along with their favorite superhero!
- GoNoodle - this popular channel gets kids moving to be their strongest, bravest, silliest selves by running, jumping, stretching, dancing, etc.
Activities, Programs and Apps
Canton Summit Outdoor Fitness Class - Free to members and $5 per class for non-members.
MommyPoppins suggests 25 Exercise Games and Indoor Activities to Get Kids Moving like popcorn pushups, balloon ball, hallway bowling just to name a few.
Parents Magazine offers ways to rethink exercise while having quality time in 10 Ways to Exercise as a Family.
Host a Home Dance Party Square
Register and attend Lit Lab program - Dance Your Cares Away - Saturday, July 31 - 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Register and attend one or all of the Pokeman Go Walking Club programs:
Thursday, June 17 - 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM — Outdoors
Thursday, July 8 - 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM — Outdoors
Thursday, July 29 - 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM — Outdoors
Free fitness apps available for iOS and Android. Many also have premium versions for more advanced features.
MapMyWalk - tracks distance, speed, pace and calories burn. It also allows you to connect your wearable tracker to view your daily progress.
7MinuteWorkout by Johnson and Johnson - portable, quick, convenient and offering 72 workout choices. Log workouts, track progress and share it with friends.
MyFitnessPal - easy to use calorie counter, diet planner and exercise tracker. Also offers recipes videos and community of motivators.
FitOn - provides targeted workout advice for the user. Many of the workout videos and programs can be done with minimal equipment
DailyYoga - Beginner to advanced series of Yoga workouts targeting different areas of body. Comprehensive training for men and women.
Sworkit - choose from a variety of plans or one-off workouts, customizable by time or focused on body parts. Good for beginners and no equipment needed.
30dayfitnesschallenge - offers daily workout challenges, from beginner to pro levels, for 30 days that focus on specific areas. Also offers video tutorials outside of the challenge.