June 15, 2020 | obrienbc
Physical fitness can help you sleep, feel, think and manage your weight loss better. It can also energize your mind and body. Just a quick walk around the block can rejuvenate your body and mind. Get moving and inspired with these books, DVDs, e-media and other digital resources.
Head back to the 62 Days of Summer home page for more ways to participate in the summer program!
Making exercise part of your family's weekly, if not daily, routine is easy with the amount of choices we offer in books, DVDs and games.
Get Moving with Video Games - Teens and Adults
Hustle and Hum with Hoopla!
Good news, if you can't get outside for your daily walk, own a treadmill and love to travel! Hoopla offers a whole series combining travel and walking, the VITA Virtual Walk Movie Series. Explore countries like Italy, Bermuda, Egypt and France. In addition, Hoopla offers workout videos, music and TV shows to get your body moving.
Find more Hoopla treasures in the following CPL Blogs.
YouTube workout channels offer free videos in a huge variety, ranging from aerobics, HIIT workouts, Pilates to yoga and low-impact walking.
- POPSUGAR Fitness - offers free access to over 500 workout videos across all skill levels for cardio, dance, yoga, HIIT workouts, etc. lead by celebritty fitness and training experts.
- Blogilates - is very popular and just celebrated it's tenth year on YouTube channel. It is hosted by certified fitness expert Cassey Ho leading viewers in various Pilate workouts.
- Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone - experienced fitness trainer Sansone and her team lead a variety of workout exercises with walking as the main focus. No treadmill needed!
- FitnessBlender - husband and wife team, Daniel and Kelli run this channel. Their specialty is quick and effective workouts ranging in time from 5 to 45 minutes.
- Yoga with Adrienne - another popular channel offering yoga sessions for beginners, weight loss, meditation, target areas and more.
- KidzBop - videos incorporate movement and music for a daily dance party.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - yoga, mindfulness and relaxation videos designed for children 3 and up.
- Get Kids Moving - fun themed workouts where kids can train along with their favorite superhero!
- GoNoodle - this popular channel gets kids moving to be their strongest, bravest, silliest selves by running, jumping, stretching, dancing, etc.
Articles , Activity and Apps
MommyPoppins suggests 25 Exercise Games and Indoor Activities to Get Kids Moving like popcorn pushups, balloon ball, hallway bowling just to name a few.
Parents Magazine offers ways to rethink exercise while having quality time in 10 Ways to Exercise as a Family.
Free fitness apps available for iOS and Android
7MinuteWorkout by Johnson and Johnson - portable, quick, convenient and offering 72 workout choices. Log workouts, track progress and share it with friends.
MyFitnessPal - easy to use calorie counter, diet planner and exercise tracker. Also offers recipes videos and community of motivators.
DailyYoga - Beginner to advanced series of Yoga workouts targeting different areas of body. Comprehensive training for men and women.
Sworkit - choose from a variety of plans or one-off workouts, customizable by time or focused on body parts. Good for beginners and no equipment needed.
30dayfitnesschallenge - offers daily workout challenges, from beginner to pro levels, for 30 days that focus on specific areas. Also offers video tutorials outside of the challenge.