May 4, 2021 | hathawaym
Happy Star Wars Day! Every year on May the 4th we celebrate a galaxy far, far away and our love of all things Star Wars. This year, Deb was inspired by the art recreation challenge to imitate a classic scene from Star Wars.
There is also a 24-hour livestream of free content on Twitch all day on May the 4th, 2020.
The Library may be closed, but you can still enjoy Star Wars on Hoopla. Here are our top 5 Star Wars items in Hoopla:
- Star Wars comic series (2015) (comics) - The greatest space adventure of all returns to Marvel! Luke Skywalker and the ragtag rebels opposing the Galactic Empire are fresh off their biggest victory so far - the destruction of the massive Death Star. But the Empire's not toppled yet!
- Star Wars Trilogy soundtrack by John Williams (music) - Each time the screen goes black and you see those words- "A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far, Far Away"...the music blasts through you and you're a kid again. Few things bring back the memory of the first time you saw that screen crawl like John William's classic score.
- Star Wars Rebels series (ebooks) - Meet the Rebels crew! Your favorite Star Wars Rebels heroes are ready to fight the evil Empire! Ranging from early readers to chapter books, these stories bring Star Wars cannon to younger readers.
- Why We Love Star Wars by Ken Napzok (ebook and audiobook) - Celebrate the greatest saga ever told: All of us who are deeply influenced by the epic saga of Star Wars have our favorite moments. What began as one movie about good people, evil oppressors, and the space wizards that stood between them has exploded into a franchise that continues to grow in stature, importance, and myth through discussions, debates, and daydreams.
- Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys (video) -Like none before them, Star Wars toys were a phenomenon that swept the nation, permanently transforming both the toy and movie industries, and creating a hobby that, 30 years later, still holds sway over pop-culture. This documentary looks at the toys' history, their influence, and the fond and fervent feelings they elicit today.