- 62 Days of Summer
- friendship bracelet
June 15, 2020 | agudenburr
Friendship bracelets are a fun tradition of creating handmade jewelry to give to your best friend! The patterns can range from very simple to complex art. Below are some ideas for all ages and abilities.
- Learn how to make a friendship bracelet using one of the resources below. Take a photo of your creation and share it with us by using the #howdoyou62 hashtag.
- Upgrade a pattern by adding beads, charms, or other decorations. Try a complex pattern that requires 4 or more colors. Or design your own pattern and share it with us.
- Create a friendship bracelet using supplies found around the house. Try using something different like floss, ribbons, or yarn. Decorate your bracelet with pop can tabs, feathers, beads, corks, or lids.
- Mail your friendship bracelet with a handwritten letter to someone outside your house. It could be a family member, friend, or neighbor.
- Hoopla has a variety of ebooks including many crafting how-to books. Check out this booklist for more ideas.
- Creativebug has many video craft tutorials including this Five-Strand Braid bracelet. Requires CPL card number to log in.
- Craft Jam: a crafting company that has a great step by step instructions with photographs. This tutorial teaches you how to make the alternating half hitch, 5-strand braid, and diagonal friendship bracelets.
- Youtube: has a variety of great craft tutorial videos. I recommend this one by DIYholic that teaches the spiral, chevron, loom, and fishtail friendship bracelets.
- Braceletbook: is a great resource if you want to try complex patterns. Check out this Ombre Stripe pattern.
Photo by Nasim Keshmiri on Unsplash
Head back to the 62 Days of Summer home page for more ways to participate in the summer program!