November 11, 2020 | Boydl
November is Native American Heritage Month, or as it is commonly referred to, American Indian and Alaska Native Heritage Month.
The month is a time to celebrate rich and diverse cultures, traditions, and histories and to acknowledge the important contributions of Native people. Heritage Month is also an opportune time to educate the general public about tribes, to raise a general awareness about the unique challenges Native people have faced both historically and in the present, and the ways in which tribal citizens have worked to conquer these challenges.
- information from National Congress of American Indians
The emedia resources below are free to check out with your Canton Public Library card!
- Click here to search Overdrive for e-books and e-audiobooks.
- Hoopla has many titles instantly available click here to search for materials for Native American Heritage month.
- Alexander Street Press is full of digital sound recordings. Click here to explore this resource.
- Kanopy is home to many short and feature length films. It also hosts wonderful documentaries. Click here for this resource.