May 17, 2021 | taramscott
So much of what we do every day has moved online because of the pandemic. It is easy to become exhausted by spending so much time looking at screens and being constantly connected. Set aside a few minutes, an hour, or a day to put away the screens and do something analog.
Sing, dance, journal, write a poem, or color in a coloring book. Take some time to revisit a hobby you haven't had time for lately, or try a new one.
- Visit Creativebug or the Crafts! Crafts! Crafts! booklist for inspiration
- Construct an Obstacle Course
- Look for ideas on the Get Crafty square
- Make a Summer Memory Book
- Register for the Tie Dye Fun at the Library program in July.
Connect with Nature
Nature can be calm, peaceful, rejuvenating or energizing. Whether on a walk to your car, in your backyard, or on a trip, take time to notice the sky, trees, and wildlife around you. Go for a quick walk, spend time in your garden, or climb a tree. If you need inspiration:
- Visit some other squares like Go for a Hike, Observe Nature, or Observe the Night Sky.
- Have your own Nature Storytime with ideas from Miss Whitney or Flowers Storytime with ideas from Miss Erin
- Check out a book
Take Care of Yourself
You are wonderful. Take some screen-free time to recharge. Soak in the bath, take a nap, read a book, exercise, or listen to your favorite music.