March 13, 2021 | melissa c
Are you interested in getting the COVID-19 vaccine? See below for where and how to get vaccinated. Please share this information widely with family, friends, and neighbors, especially senior citizens.
Not sure if you want to get the vaccine? See below for some trusted resources we've compiled to help you make an informed decision.
This information is current as of 5/8/2021.
Getting the vaccine in Canton Township
- Canton residents may visit any of the Wayne County Health Department's walk-in vaccine clinics. The two closest walk-in locations are:
- Schoolcraft College VisTaTech Center 18600 Haggerty Rd., Livonia OPEN: Mon-Sat 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Wayne County Community College 9555 Haggerty Rd, Belleville OPEN: Mon-Sat 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Canton residents who need help scheduling an appointment may call the Township Clerk's office at 734-394-5120 or the Township Supervisor's office at 734-394-5185 Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Canton residents who are homebound may call Canton Public Safety at 734-394-5400 and dispatch will take your information. You will then receive a call back, go through a brief screening to verify homebound status, and schedule an appointment for a home visit. On the day of your appointment, a Canton Fire paramedic will come to your home, administer the vaccine, and schedule a follow up appointment for the second dose. Please note: this option is only available to individuals physically unable to leave their homes.
What to bring to your vaccine appointment
A photo ID and your Vaccination Record Card if you are receiving your second dose.
Getting the vaccine in Wayne County
- Wayne County Residents may visit any of the Wayne County Health Department's walk-in vaccine clinics. See the full list of locations here.
- Wayne County residents who are homebound may contact their local municipality to schedule an appointment to get vaccinated during a home visit. Each city or township is providing its own personnel for these appointments. Click here to find the number for your city and call for more details. Please note: this option is only available to individuals physically unable to leave their homes.
- Senior citizens in Wayne county who need help scheduling an appointment may call the Wayne County Health Department at 734-727-7101.
- Local Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Systems in Wayne Count
I'm not sure if I want to be vaccinated
- How does the J & J vaccine work? The Johnson and Johnson vaccine is an Adenovirus-based vaccine. Click here to learn more about how this type of vaccine is made, and how it works.
- How do the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines work? The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are mRNA vaccines. Click here to learn more about how this type of vaccine is made, and how it works.
- I still have questions. Listen to a virologist and an emergency physician/public health professor answer listener questions about the vaccine on 1A, a popular listener-guided radio show inspired by the First Amendment. Listener questions begin at the 19:50 mark. This show originally aired on 5/6/21 and is part of a series called Vaccination Nation, where a panel of experts answer questions about the vaccine rollout.
- Myths vs. Fact Resources